• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Maryac

Internal Tracks There But Don't Function.

Question

I just upgraded from Roxio 2011 Pro to Roxio Creator NXT Pro. When I open a video I created in the old version of 'Videowave' in the new version, none of the text, overlays, etc. that are on internal tracks function. They appear to be there but I can't edit them. In addition, trying to add new text on an internal track doesn't work. Anyone else having this problem? Any advice? Thanks, Maryac

8 answers to this question

I just upgraded from Roxio 2011 Pro to Roxio Creator NXT Pro. When I open a video I created in the old version of 'Videowave' in the new version, none of the text, overlays, etc. that are on internal tracks function. They appear to be there but I can't edit them. In addition, trying to add new text on an internal track doesn't work. Anyone else having this problem? Any advice? Thanks, Maryac

Advice would always be to finish the old projects in the old software because Roxio has never been good at forward or backward compatibility.

Edited by cdanteek

It's a bit late for that advice as the old version was removed during installation. Do you have something a bit more useful? Maryac

It's a bit late for that advice as the old version was removed during installation. Do you have something a bit more useful? Maryac

A time machine if you or your friends have one? :lol:

That's like the folks that come here explaining they upgraded from W-7 to W-8 and there Roxio software doesn't work in W-8. They should of checked that before upgrading don't you think? ;)

Edited by cdanteek

Sorry, but as Cdanteek implied, there is no solution for your problem apart from restoring the old system. The software is not backward compatible with old project files, and you have to start anew. There is no way around it.

Regards,

Brendon

I guess I'm one of 'those' that didn't get information about legacy versions and files made with them. I did read and research, but never found anything about backwards compatibility - must have missed that post. I have a large library of videos made in Vidoe Wave 2011 version. I was expecting to use some of the new features in NXT to improve them. But I guess that would be expecting a company to really support and help to develop their users. So meanwhile can I reinstall the older version along side the new one? Thanks for all your help, Maryac

I guess I'm one of 'those' that didn't get information about legacy versions and files made with them. I did read and research, but never found anything about backwards compatibility - must have missed that post. I have a large library of videos made in Vidoe Wave 2011 version. I was expecting to use some of the new features in NXT to improve them. But I guess that would be expecting a company to really support and help to develop their users. So meanwhile can I reinstall the older version along side the new one? Thanks for all your help, Maryac

There have been lots of posts in these forums about the backward incompatibility of new Roxio versions. It is a subject we have complained about again and again in these forums but Roxio just ignores the subject.

In my opinion you are much better off uninstalling NXT and reinstalling C2011. NXT is a step backwards :wacko:

I have exactly the same problem, upgraded from 2011 Pro to NXT Pro, Corel informed me that NXT won't be able to, in the past I had no problems importing from previous versions, if I had known I would not have bought NXT as I have many projects from previous versions

Old post - starting to draw flies :huh:

Time to lock it up :lol:

So you know, this is a USER Forum, Roxio never looks at it...

If you open Creator - Help, there is a link for feedback.