• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

longbow1

Huge Video/audio Lag And Artifacting

Question

another capture card, another issue, it seems like these things are never ending

anyway, this thing used to work perfectly, until a few months ago then it wouldnt read that i plugged anything in, then when i managed to fix it, this basicly happened

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMgE1CCFRU8i

t starts 2 mins in, but then clears up at 6:30, but then starts again at 9:26

system specs:

AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core 4128HMz

Nvidia GTX 660

16GB DDR3 1866 MHz

Windows 7 Ultimate

it just goes on and off, on a similar timescale no matter what i try, always 2-3 minutes of clear footage it borks up

i have tried using two seperate hard drives, both cause this issue, it even happens when im not recording and just on the preview screen, same time difference

Edited by longbow1

If it worked and stopped - what has changed???

I would suspect a Driver/Software update for your Video Card...

But then cooling issues, wiring, game box issues, the list goes on and on :lol:

I am curious, do these glitches (and I did not watch your video) occur on your capture screen or only in the file/upload?

capture screen as well, i could try a driver update as i havn't done so in a while

edit: sadly updating my drivers did not work :(

also, by capture screen you did mean the roxio preview screen and not the screen i am using to play with?

Edited by longbow1

Yes the Roxio RGC Screen ;)

Also overclocking or other user "enhancements" of the cpu or gpu will normally wreck things :lol:

nothing has been overclocked to my knowlege (unless factory OC'd)

and yeah, even if im not recording it will blip up on the preview screen :(

ok, new news

i have tried uninstalling/reinstalling using the "correct" methods, updating drivers, changing settings, restoring settings, even it set to 480p has these issues :S

one thing i did notice was that my GPU usage would fluctuate like crazy during these glitch moments, afterwards it was stable

also turns out if i unplug and re-plug the green cable (component) during a glitchy moment it fixes itself :S like it just resets after it gets "no signal"

Edited by longbow1

i can do a 360, but our DVD player is in another room away from the desktop (unless my laptop should be ok, it's above the specs too) and is very finicky to use

I have yet to see a DVD Player that is too big to move :huh:

You need to test it on the Machine that is giving you trouble otherwise you are testing nothing ^_^

That is the only way to pin it down. I would try to borrow one or get a SCART to Component adapter...

post-39730-0-88147100-1380020463_thumb.jpg

it had a component output which i used :P

again, it was still glitching out while playing a DVD

So now we have it nailed down to...

the RGC device itself...

The cable...

Your PC USB Port/board...

The error will follow the device if you move it to another PC. In this case, I would even install it on someone else's PC to test that idea. (I am adamantly opposed to loaning or pirating software but this is for testing)

The warranty, like most electronics, is only 30 days so you likely don't want to dally ;)

i bought one of these around christmas last year and had that replaced as that was DOA............

i'll report back with my laptop as it has it installed already aswell (wanted to use that as a recording device for my PC to prevent slowdowns)

UPDATE: works fine on my laptop :S the USB port on my desktop is on a Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard, gonna try changing USB ports

Edited by longbow1

this motherboard is rather new, only got it in febuary, the ports in my laptop are older XD

tried 2 other USB ports, all do the same thing about the same time

Well here's my last line of defence: Download and use Razer Game Booster. It's a freeware that somewhat improves the performance on your PC. I don't usually record without it because if I did, I'll end up with glitchy videos. Definitely check it out.

Google it and download it, it's free. Check this tutorial I found.

http://youtu.be/xsWziU7BB4A

Same concept applies except that you will only need to click on gaming mode. Also, make sure to tweak in the tools tab to gain the best performance. Try experimenting it on 11k bitrate.

ok, new update: as the video goes on, i have noticed that if i play the corrupted video in the default roxio player, the video speeds up for some reason, is my computer just too powerful? :P