Burning Progress Screen Is Half Blacked Out

keayman

Question

Hi, This is the first time that I have used the forum although I have been using creator for a number of years, I have manged, in the past, to sort most problems by myself, but I have not got a clue with regards to this present problem which I have not experienced before. When I start the burning process the burning progress screen than monitors the progress of your video burning is only displaying half the screen, the top half is blacked out and when the burning has finished this situation is re-produced on the DVD. I have canceled the fact that it might be the disc's that I am using. I have also canceled out that it might be my DVD drive since I have managed to burn with another burning software that I have on my computer. Hope you can help. Thanks

8 answers to this question

Hi, This is the first time that I have used the forum although I have been using creator for a number of years, I have manged, in the past, to sort most problems by myself, but I have not got a clue with regards to this present problem which I have not experienced before. When I start the burning process the burning progress screen than monitors the progress of your video burning is only displaying half the screen, the top half is blacked out and when the burning has finished this situation is re-produced on the DVD. I have canceled the fact that it might be the disc's that I am using. I have also canceled out that it might be my DVD drive since I have managed to burn with another burning software that I have on my computer. Hope you can help. Thanks

Under Tools, Options, Render Using Hardware or Software?

Download and install XML 4 SP3 http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en

Update your display/video card or chip drivers.

Hi, thanks for getting back to me quickly. I have installed xml4 sp3 as requested but this doese

not appear to have made any difference to my problem. On the other two suggestions I would be greatful

if you could go in to a bit more detail on how to go about this. I have tried the tool, Options bit

but I cannot see anything with regards to hardware/software. And how do I go about updating the video card and chip drivers. Thanks again

Hi, This is the first time that I have used the forum although I have been using creator for a number of years, I have manged, in the past, to sort most problems by myself, but I have not got a clue with regards to this present problem which I have not experienced before. When I start the burning process the burning progress screen than monitors the progress of your video burning is only displaying half the screen, the top half is blacked out and when the burning has finished this situation is re-produced on the DVD. I have canceled the fact that it might be the disc's that I am using. I have also canceled out that it might be my DVD drive since I have managed to burn with another burning software that I have on my computer. I have already received a reply to my problem which is shown below. I have installed XML 4 SP3 but this has made no difference to my problem. The first and third option I will need a little more information on how to perform these tasks. The reason that I am sending this again is I have just realised that the first time I sent this request I posted it under Creator NXT when in actual fact I am using Creator 12. I am not sure what difference this will make if any. Once again I hope you can help with this problem. Thank you Very much

Under Tools, Options, Render Using Hardware or Software?

Download and install XML 4 SP3 http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en

Update your display/video card or chip drivers.

Hi, Just to let you know that I have resolved the problem of the "Burning progress screen half blacked out"

by myself. It was all to do with the project settings being set wrong. How it had altered I dont know. But everything is working well now.

Hi, Just to let you know that I have resolved the problem of the "Burning progress screen half blacked out"

by myself. It was all to do with the project settings being set wrong. How it had altered I dont know. But everything is working well now.

It might help someone else in the future if you tell us what project settings were wrong. ;)

I had the same problem. Read this post and poked around in project settings. I changed video format from interlaced to progressive, and it solved the half screen display. I have no idea how it changed itself.

Thanks for posting that jiffym. It looks like keayman didn't want to share his knowledge with the others on the forum, as per the request of Steve (sknis), yet he didn't mind coming here to ask for help.