• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video Copy And Convert - Split From An Old Topic

Di24

Question

I am new to this, the forum and Roxio. I am having a similar issue. I installed Roxio Creator Special Edition 2011. I have had this on another pc, but due to numerous issues, have not used it. I now installed it onto my new HP Envy laptop, 1TB, 12 G ram, 4th gen processor, etc; (to give you an idea of what I am installing it into) and have been attempting to convert a .MOV video to Blu-ray. I select "Add Source - Movie" to place it in the source box, select Blu-ray in out-put, slide slider to high quality, select Blu-ray drive, then click continue/convert. It briefly starts, then stops abruptly with the following error message: Roxio Video/Convert has stopped working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." Can anyone help me. I am a novice, but am certainly getting frustrated as well. Thank you in advance for any info!

I am new to this, the forum and Roxio. I am having a similar issue. I installed Roxio Creator Special Edition 2011. I have had this on another pc, but due to numerous issues, have not used it. I now installed it onto my new HP Envy laptop, 1TB, 12 G ram, 4th gen processor, etc; (to give you an idea of what I am installing it into) and have been attempting to convert a .MOV video to Blu-ray. I select "Add Source - Movie" to place it in the source box, select Blu-ray in out-put, slide slider to high quality, select Blu-ray drive, then click continue/convert. It briefly starts, then stops abruptly with the following error message: Roxio Video/Convert has stopped working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." Can anyone help me. I am a novice, but am certainly getting frustrated as well. Thank you in advance for any info!

What Operating System do you have xp/vista/win7/win 8....its not compatible with 8.

Where did you get the mov files? Right click on one of them , select properties and then detail, post the information you find. What is you intention in trying to burn to a blu ray disc - archive, play on a blu ray DVD player, etc.?

Do you have Quicktime on your computer? Download GSpot codec information program and drag one of the mov files to it . What does it say about the codecs? Post a screen shot.

Edited by sknis

1). Video: Length 00.00.07; Frame width: 1280; Frame height: 720; Data rate: 12835kbps; Total bitrate: 13032kbps; Frame rate: 59 frames/second. Audio: Bit rate: 196kbps; Channels 1 (mono); Audio sample rate 48kHz 2). Yes, the purpose is to archive and be able to watch later on blu-ray player. We four wheel a lot and have a helmet cam to record our "adventures". :) The want to be able to watch later. 3). Yes, I have Quicktime. 4). I did download the GSpot Codec Info for a Screen Copy: I'm sorry, however, for whatever reason, the system is not allowing me to paste into this reply. I can list what it says if you would like. I see to recall seeing that one can place it as an attachment, but I fail to recall the instructions for doing that. Here is what I see: Size: .1.63GB(1.670MB/1,710,652KB/1,751,708,656 bytes); Container: qt:Apple QuickTime(.mov/QT); File Type: QuickTime (.mov); Mime Type: video/quicktime; Recommended Display Size: 1280x720; Created: 2013 Jul 10 19:31:26; Modified 103 Jul 10 19:31:26. Video Section displays: Codec avc1; Name: H264; Status: Codec Status Undetermined; Len: 19:08.147; Fms: 68.820; kbps: 12205; Qf 0.221; Pics/s: 59.923; Frames/s: 59.923; pic(wxh)1280x720; sar: 1.778(16:9); dar: 1.778(16:9) Audio: Codec: ms:MS ADPCM-ACM; Info: 48000Hz; Stat: Status Undetermined This is all I see to advise you, thank you so much for your assistance!

Edited by Di24

myguggi, my apologies, ufortunately, I was not up at 4:23 a.m. I have, however, responded now and thank you for your concern. As stated, I am new, to any forum, for that matter. Again, thank you for your concern and have an awesome day! I am in hopes that I will be able to resolve this! :)

myguggi, my apologies, ufortunately, I was not up at 4:23 a.m. I have, however, responded now and thank you for your concern. As stated, I am new, to any forum, for that matter. Again, thank you for your concern and have an awesome day! I am in hopes that I will be able to resolve this! :)

Let's try this. Download a free video converter from c/net.com. For any one you chose, make sure you select the direct download or you will get some crap you don't want. I use "Any Video Converter" (Not a recommendation; just an example.) Convert the mov file to a mpg2 file and add that to Video Wave. Let us know if that works.

Bt the way, if you click on "More Reply Options", you wll get the ability to add a file. Double check the format and size.

Video length in your post above would be only 7 frames ! At 60 fps, that is not very long.

Archiving (long term stroage of files) and having a blu ray disc to play are not the same. Which do you want?

Edited by sknis

Thank you sknis! I want to play the Blu-ray disc. Also, I had just added a short clip for the test, thus the length. It would be several clips that I would add to the Blu-ray disc for playing. (And thank you for clarifying that for me!) :) I currentlt have company, just wanted to check in quickly, so will not be able to do as you suggested until later this evening, or maybe even tomorrow. (I am telling you this so that you will not be "waiting" too long. :) I will respond as soon as possible with my results. I am grateful for your assistance. thank you!

sknis, This may sound dumb, but I am not sure on your download comment. How do i know I am downloading the "direct" one. I am certainly not a computer guru! :) Thank you for your help, greatly appreciated. ( I am doing all this on the pc running Win 7 and will later attempt to address something on my laptop with Win 8. I, in fact, uninstalled the Roxio program from the Win 7 computer and have re-installed it and am receiving the same error message, so will give this download a try!)

Edited by Di24

Note all download from that site have a direct download link. Here is an example:

post-58-0-36581600-1374445146_thumb.jpg

Creator 2011 is not compatible with W8 although some people have indicated that it will run IF it is installed in the compatibility mode. I haven't tried that because I do not intend to go to W8.

A video with only frames is not going to tell you or us anything; sorry. You need to look at somehting that is more than about 10 seconds long.

I just want to make sure that you have a blu ray burner (optical drive), that you are using blu ray discs and that you have a blu ray player..

Edit: Why are you using Video Copy and Convert? You should be using My DVD (Create DVD).

Edit again: I only had one short mov file on my computer and I followed what you did and the file was converted without error using Creator 2012.

Edited by sknis

Thank you, to be clear, the green download now is the direct download?

My new laptop came with Win 8, I would've rather Win 7 for sure! :)

Our trips consist of several videos throughout the day, ie: we'll turn the helmet cam on for a while, off, then on again at a different scenario. I hope to copy each one onto a blu-ray disc to watch. I was using Video Copy and Convert as I simply did not realize that the Create DVD would do blu-ray ?

Yes, I do have a blu-ray burner (optica drive), am using BD-R 4X, 25GB single layer blu-ray discs and I do have a blu ray player, thank you for making sure. As I am clearly a novice at this, it is always good to do that! :)

Hmmmm, maybe I need to upgrade to 2012!?!

sknis, I just attempted the Create DVD, it does show a blu-ray icon, however, will not allow me access; Thus, I am assuming my version of the software must not include blu-ray capabilities, although I thought the 2011 edition did!.

It does seem i have access to DVD, VCD/SVCD, and AVCHD.

I may just plain have to upgrade before I can go further.at least with blu ray.

sknis, I just attempted the Create DVD, it does show a blu-ray icon, however, will not allow me access; Thus, I am assuming my version of the software must not include blu-ray capabilities, although I thought the 2011 edition did!.

It does seem i have access to DVD, VCD/SVCD, and AVCHD.

I may just plain have to upgrade before I can go further.at least with blu ray.

Neither C2011 nor C2011 are compatible with W8.

thank you, myguggi. I tried this on my desktop which has Win 7 however. I had just recently purchased a new laptop with Win 8 and sknis advised me that it was not compatible, so I have now been attempting to get progress on my desktop with the Win 7; however, it does appear I must need to upgrade my Roxio in order to obtain Blu-ray capabilities as the Blu-ray is greyed out and allows no access. thank you for your assistance tho!

thank you, myguggi. I tried this on my desktop which has Win 7 however. I had just recently purchased a new laptop with Win 8 and sknis advised me that it was not compatible, so I have now been attempting to get progress on my desktop with the Win 7; however, it does appear I must need to upgrade my Roxio in order to obtain Blu-ray capabilities as the Blu-ray is greyed out and allows no access. thank you for your assistance tho!

You said in your first post that you have Roxio Creator Special Edition 2011. I don't remember that version being offered directly from Roxio, so did you get it from Costco, or some other similar store? If so, it is quite possible that your version has been purposely stripped of some features of the "true" Roxio version.

The new version NXT non-Pro requires a plug-in to make blu-ray discs. See this. The Special is slightly stripped down version and probably does not have a plug-in available.

No, the big green button is not the direct download; the small text below it is.

Have you thought about creating and AVCHD disc? It is high definition, burned to a standard disc (cheaper than blu ray) and is able to be played in many blu ray players. The ONLY downside is that you can get only about 40 minutes or so on a disc. Try it. Perhaps you can make one for each trip and or/ trim them down and/or make a couple for each trip until you decide what you want to do.

Let us know if you need more information.

Grandpabruce, I did get it from Costco and I'm thinking that is apparently the case! :(. (Reading the case label info tho, I thought it was what I wanted/needed)..... Again.. :(

Skins, thank you too for the info on the download button! I would have probably clicked the green one! :(. I do have one more question, If I were to upgrade to C2012, and I'm asking because I THOUGHT I was getting the full meal deal with the "Special" and don't want to goof up again, will the C2012 do what I am wanting? ...... Or I could get the NXT I guess.

Yes, in fact after doing some reading last night, I was considering trying the AVCHD, at least til I get an upgrade or something!

Thank you all for your help!!! And, if I do need more help, I will certainly be back. Thank you too for your patience with me & my questions!

After some more thinking, wondering if you would recommend the new version of NXT or the creator 2012? And for clarification, The NXT plugin cannot be used with the C2011, but must be with the new version of C-NXT, correct?

Edited by Di24

If you can find a discounted version of Creator 2012 PRO, then you should be OK. Check Amazon and e-Bay but buy from a reputable seller in the original box. NXT Pro already has the plug in.

I don't know anyone who tried to use the NXT plug in in 2011

ok, sknis, thank you! I will try to find a discounted version of C2012 Pro....wish me luck! :) If, after I get the correct software, if I have an issue, I will be back! I'll let you know how things go. I must say, I'm rather disappointed that the software I purchased is not going to work the way I thought. Well, lesson learned I hope! :) Again, thanks for all the help!

Thanks again, will definitely heed your tip!

Found one on eBay, top seller plus, only no box, just one cd, indicates original sealed cd..? May even consider the NXT Pro so I don't make a mistake and waste my money again.

Thanks again, will definitely heed your tip!

Found one on eBay, top seller plus, only no box, just one cd, indicates original sealed cd..? May even consider the NXT Pro so I don't make a mistake and waste my money again.

The Pro version should have 2 DVDs. That seller may be writing his own reviews.