• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

I have recently upgraded (or so I thought) from Roxio Creator 10 to Roxio Creator NXt Pro to allow me to produce Blu-ray productions. Not only can't I get it to produce a Blu-ray, I can't seem to get it to effective generate a DVD. I have taken an existing project created in Roxio Creator 10 and imported it to NXT, it seems to just hang up when I select edit movie to see if everything is there. If I just try and burn it, it just tells me Videowave is not responding and then shuts the program down. this production is about 39 mins made up of stills and video clips set to music. Again it was produced and burned in Creator 10. Anyone have any ideas to try? I have taken some of the files and tried to reproduce it totally in NXT, but that didn't seem to make a difference. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Very little of what you produced as projects in Creator 10 is usable in NXT. Roxio does not think that is a feature that should be included. There is nothing you can do about it. If you can get it to import, save it as a new project if you can and then open that to see if what you wanted is there. Most of the time, transitions, music, and other effects are not.

Since you stated that you have Creator 10, be aware that that could refer to Easy Media Creator 10, An OEM Creator 10.X from fro example Dell's Creator 10.3DE, or Creator 2010. Since you posted here, I assume that have either of the first two.

Please explain " I have taken some of the files and tried to reproduce it totally in NXT"

It seem to import just fine. I had to correct the path on several files, and then I saved the project, when I went back to the NXT saved file is when it seems to just be hung up. I can just re-install the Roxio Creator 10 and I expect it would work just fine, but I would have the ability to create Blu-rays. I expect it's just come conflict somewhere that I can't seem to figure out.

It seem to import just fine. I had to correct the path on several files, and then I saved the project, when I went back to the NXT saved file is when it seems to just be hung up. I can just re-install the Roxio Creator 10 and I expect it would work just fine, but I would have the ability to create Blu-rays. I expect it's just come conflict somewhere that I can't seem to figure out.

Are you talking about Roxio Creator 2010 or Easy Media Creator 10? Project files from either program suite will not work in NXT. Nor will NXT project files work in the earlier versions.

What imported just fine and in what program? Please be specific when describing your workflow. "It" tells us nothing.

If you have to correct the path to some files it means that you have moved resource files which really is a no-no

Edited by myguggi

The files were created in Easy Media Creator 10, and as I said they did seem to import just fine into NXT initially, but now they won't let me edit or burn them. I did move the files because I up graded computers and installed a solid state drive and simply reinstalled my existing drive as a drive D, which is where all of the photos, videos and music is, so I had to re map them from C to D, again it allowed me to do, so long as I saved the project after doing each block. Once it was all done, I had an issue with one file that I deleted form the project saved and then re inserted it and saved it, after all of that it now won't let me back in to edit or burn. Additionally, I have tried to rebuild it completely in NXT and I have similar issues.

What we are trying to tell you is that you must start from scratch. Except for the initial photo, video and music files, nothing else is usable.

Please define what you mean by "rebuild"

Where do you have NXT installed or your system drive or on "D"?

Edited by sknis

I have NXT installed on the C drive which is the solid state drive where I have installed all of my program files. The videos, photos, music and resultant project files are on the D drive.

What I mean by rebuild, is that I started from scratch and built the same project I imported from Creator 10 in NXT and had the same issue upon trying to open it after I save it.

Where do you have the project files being saved to? There are also proxy files that must be cleaned. Open Video Wave, go to Tools, then Options and clear those proxy files. (Note: I do not have NXT so the instruction are from Creator 2012 and should be the same).

post-58-0-72215300-1374494547_thumb.jpg

They are all on the C drive (the solid state drive) while all the data is on the D drive. Do they need to be the same? Should I redirect all of these to the D drive?

No, You just want to clean up the proxy files. I just showed you how. Proxy files are made whenever you .make a project. They contain a roadmap to what should be in the latest version of the project. Sometimes they become corrupted and do all kinds of strange things. If you clear the proxy files, they are immediately rebuilt with just what is in the project NOW.

By the Way, when you do a new project or "rebuild" are you changing the name of the project (save as). If not, that can run you into possible problems.

OK I opened the project in MyDVD went to tools and selected clear on the proxy files line. I went to the preview and played the "background loop" and then selected the main movie and it plays in preview just fine. However, when I select the movie and then press edit movie button, that is when it freezes. Which is essentially what it has been doing prior to deleting the proxy files. Any thoughts?

Do all your editing in Video Wave aka Edit Video -Advanced. You can get it to MyDVD Later.

Have you tried a different movie (or a couple)? Have you tried one of the movies included with the program?

Have we talked about the format, size and source of the movie? If so, remind me; if not tell use about it.

Edited by sknis

The file is a *.DMSD, I can't seem to open it in Video Wave directly.

This movie is a 39 min compilation of photos and video clips set to music. It doesn't have any transitions, but does have a number of color panels and test on some of the photos and videos. The file also has a 2 min "background loop" which is another set of photos and videos set to music and title test.

I have not tried any others, since it quite an ordeal to establish all of the photo, video and music links again, since they are all on a different drive that Roxio expects. The one file I built from scratch in NXT PRO was created in MyDVD and is a *.DMSD just like all of the others I have created in the past in Creator 10. The real early ones are *.DMSM (the version of Roxio I had before Creator 10)but I haven't tried anything with them.

Hope this helps

The file is a *.DMSD, I can't seem to open it in Video Wave directly.

This movie is a 39 min compilation of photos and video clips set to music. It doesn't have any transitions, but does have a number of color panels and test on some of the photos and videos. The file also has a 2 min "background loop" which is another set of photos and videos set to music and title test.

I have not tried any others, since it quite an ordeal to establish all of the photo, video and music links again, since they are all on a different drive that Roxio expects. The one file I built from scratch in NXT PRO was created in MyDVD and is a *.DMSD just like all of the others I have created in the past in Creator 10. The real early ones are *.DMSM (the version of Roxio I had before Creator 10)but I haven't tried anything with them.

Hope this helps

A DMSD file is a project file created by myDVD and can only be opened by myDVD. It is simply a file containing the list o/location of your source files, plus a listing of all the effects, etc to be applied to your project.

A DMSM file is similar but is created by the Videowave program of the suite (this is different from the videowave of myDVD). It can only be opened by Videowave but you can "add" it in myDVD as a "video" file and will become a "title".

versionhs of Roxio Cr

Neither dmsm nor dmsd contain any video. All of the last versions have been able to create these project files but unfortunately they have only been compatible with the version that created them.

When I create a project, I always gather all my photos, video, audio into one folder. Having the resource files scattered throughout the system is asking for trouble.

The recommended method is to assemble your project in Videowave and either save it as a dmsm project file or export it to a video file. These can then be added in myDVV

What do you mean by "The file also has a 2 min "background loop" which is another set of photos and videos set to music and title test.". Is that you main menu page? If yes why would you want to have such a long menu? People generally are not interested in watching a menu but only use itas a road map to get to the meat of your project.

Edited by myguggi

Thanks for the input. I can use it in the future. I'm not sure how it helps me resolve what I am currently experiencing. I had a suggestion to use Video Wave directly to see if that might resolve my issue, but since I can't open the project there, I'm back to square one.

As for the reason for the 2 min loop, I use it like a preview of the main feature, these are similar photos and videos that the viewer will see in the main feature, but very condensed. Like a move trailer that you get when you view a MGM DVD. Also, I find that it's nice to have a little longer loop for those times when you put the DVD in and have to wait for everyone to settle in. These are predominately DVDs of our scuba diving trips, so those that get them enjoy the lead in as well as the feature.