Sign in to follow this  
artfuldodger23

How To Arrange Order Of Songs When Burning Mp3 Cd On Toast Titanium 11?

Question

Hey everyone,

Usually I burn my movies via Toast Titanium 11 but I decided to burn my audio music as well. The other day I am trying to burn a cd with multiple folders/playlists but I can't seem to arrange them in the order I want them to play, instead Roxio orders both my folders/playlists as well as the music in the folders in reverse alphabetical order. Is there any way to resolve this issue or is this how the way it functions?

Thanks!

Edited by artfuldodger23

3 answers to this question

The Toast window for MP3 Discs list items in two columns, which can be sorted by either Name or Size.

Clicking Name or Size changes the sorting in the window, but not the playback order.

Clicking the same column title again changes the sorting from ascending to descending or vise versa, as indicated by the small arrow in the right hand side of the column title.

zzmIIVa.png

I have always had trouble with this - I can NEVER get my tracks to be recorded in the order in which I require them using Toast 10. So I have bought a product called MP3 Trimmer into which I feed the tracks/songs in the order I require. I then select the function 'MP3 Join' which combines the selected MP3 files in the requested order into a single MP3 output file, which can then be used with Toast to burn the required Music (CD or DVD) output file. This approach ALWAYS works. The program MP3 Trimmer is not expensive and has lots of additional useful functions. But no, I have never been able to get either iTunes or Toast to produce a file of tracks in a selected order. Another possible solution to this problem uses Audio Hijack Pro to record an output file while iTunes is playing a playlist containing your tracks in the required order. Once again the output written by AHP will be a single MP3 file containing your songs/tracks in the requested order which may not be acceptable.

I have always had trouble with this - I can NEVER get my tracks to be recorded in the order in which I require them using Toast 10. So I have bought a product called MP3 Trimmer into which I feed the tracks/songs in the order I require. I then select the function 'MP3 Join' which combines the selected MP3 files in the requested order into a single MP3 output file, which can then be used with Toast to burn the required Music (CD or DVD) output file. This approach ALWAYS works. The program MP3 Trimmer is not expensive and has lots of additional useful functions. But no, I have never been able to get either iTunes or Toast to produce a file of tracks in a selected order. Another possible solution to this problem uses Audio Hijack Pro to record an output file while iTunes is playing a playlist containing your tracks in the required order. Once again the output written by AHP will be a single MP3 file containing your songs/tracks in the requested order which may not be acceptable.

MP3 audio CDs are alphanumeric so adding digits and digit-ordered folders can help. Another app to try is Audion from panic.com. It is freeware and very old now, but it may have a mp3 disc option. It does have an mp3 encoder.