• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Menu Styles On Creating Dvds'

Stacie

Question

I just upgraded from Roxio Creator 2012 to Roxio NXT Pro. I have to say, I am extremely disappointed in the choices of Menu Styles when Creating DVD's with the Pro. I went from over 20 Menu's to choose from on Creator 2012 to only 6 on Pro. Is there a way to download more Menu Styles?

3 answers to this question

I just upgraded from Roxio Creator 2012 to Roxio NXT Pro. I have to say, I am extremely disappointed in the choices of Menu Styles when Creating DVD's with the Pro. I went from over 20 Menu's to choose from on Creator 2012 to only 6 on Pro. Is there a way to download more Menu Styles?

NXT has the same number of menu styles if not more.

Did your install the Contents disc/file?

BTW, C2012 had a lot more then 20 menu styles.

What kind of discs are you trying to make? High definition has a different amount than standard definition.

And don't forget you can create your own ! This is from an older version but it still works the same in most cases.

Edited by sknis

And don't forget you can create your own ! This is from an older version but it still works the same in most cases.

I don’t know if this is the proper place to post this question/observation, but if it is not, then I will start a new Topic.

I have been doing a lot of work recently with custom menus for some DVD projects in NXT. Sknis: Thanks for the following video -

which provided me with just enough information to get myself in trouble…just kidding, it was very helpful. I was able to create a custom menu with audio as a front end to a video production. It turned out quite well.

But that’s where the good news stops. I wanted to save my NEW menu as a custom menu style in NXT. I tried to follow the instructions in the MyDVD Help file which is quite specific. I have attached a copy of the relevant page. It says to select File > Save as Menu Style and the Custom Menu Style dialog box opens. You are to select a menu in the Main Menu box and a menu in the Chapter Menu box. But when I did that the dialog box did not show any menu selections just previews of my menus:

post-112103-0-94614700-1384922223_thumb.jpg

So I input a style name and clicked OK.

By searching my hard drive, I discovered NXT created my custom menu (or so I thought) in the <User>\Appdata\Roaming\Roxio\DVD\4x3\Themes folder. It created four files:

Theme.dmsd, Theme_chapm.png, Theme_mainm.png, and Theme_thmbn.png

If I open a new MyDVD project and select Change Menu Style, the thumbprint of my new menu is displayed in the list, but when I select it to apply to my new project, the background of the main menu is blank (black).

So, what step am I missing? Or, is this a known problem in NXT? Have you had any experience creating and saving a custom menu so that it could be used again? Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Jerry

Creating Custom Menu Style - NXT Help.pdf