Sign in to follow this  
Phindley

Disc Image File Will Not Burn

Question

My disc image file will not burn. The file is 7.16 GB & I am using a double layer disc. A little while after it is inserted, the disc is ejected. I get no messages as to why. I have tried several different disc's to see if that might be the problem, but no luck. Please help.

Thanks, Phindley

4 answers to this question

It's odd that the disc is ejected. That typically happens only when the optical drive cannot recognize the disc. There are older Macs that have drives which didn't support DL media. What happens if you don't have Toast open and you insert one of the blank discs. Does the Finder report anything?

I tried this & it did not recognize the DL disc but it does recognize the regular 4.7 disc. I don't understand this because I have used these DL disc'c before with no problem. Thanks for the suggestion.

Phindley

Shut down your Mac completely and wait about 10 seconds before restarting. That may clear the cobwebs.

I did what you suggested and it worked but only for the first couple of times. Evidently I have a problem with my recorder but thanks for letting me find that out.

Phindley