Deadlock1337

My Installation Cd Suddenly Stopped Working

Question

Hi guys,, Pretty new to forums, so excuse me if wrong placement,

Anyways, I had my Roxio up and running for about 2 months , perfectly fine. My bro uninstalled my Roxio program (HD Pro) and then after that, the CD wont work in my PC now. Like, Im testing as we speak if my PC runs other discs, but it all of a suddenly stopped working. It shows that something is in my PC, but my CD isnt working on it. So, Ive tried working on it for about 2 weeks straight, and I've made the du,best decision ever. . I decided to format the CD. The answers I want is can i buy another CD itself withouth having to pay for another gameCAp (still have my serial code) and What was the initial Problem. ALso, I deleted my CD drivers and re installed so IDT thats the problem, but as i said, testing them now. Here's my test gameplay link so you can see it was working (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoQeJ-VA-Fo). I know some of my specs I think so I can write those out: Sorry for extra info, Dxdiag text.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.

System Model: Studio One 1909

BIOS: Default System BIOS

Processor: Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5400 @ 2.70GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 3840MB RAM

Page File: 1985MB used, 5690MB available

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Graphics Card : Nvidia GE Force 9400

Also, I have screenshots of other necesssary things if need be.

10 answers to this question

Hi guys,, Pretty new to forums, so excuse me if wrong placement,

Anyways, I had my Roxio up and running for about 2 months , perfectly fine. My bro uninstalled my Roxio program (HD Pro) and then after that, the CD wont work in my PC now. Like, Im testing as we speak if my PC runs other discs, but it all of a suddenly stopped working. It shows that something is in my PC, but my CD isnt working on it. So, Ive tried working on it for about 2 weeks straight, and I've made the du,best decision ever. . I decided to format the CD. The answers I want is can i buy another CD itself withouth having to pay for another gameCAp (still have my serial code) and What was the initial Problem. ALso, I deleted my CD drivers and re installed so IDT thats the problem, but as i said, testing them now. Here's my test gameplay link so you can see it was working I know some of my specs I think so I can write those out: Sorry for extra info, Dxdiag text.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.

System Model: Studio One 1909

BIOS: Default System BIOS

Processor: Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5400 @ 2.70GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 3840MB RAM

Page File: 1985MB used, 5690MB available

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Graphics Card : Nvidia GE Force 9400

Also, I have screenshots of other necesssary things if need be.

It's very difficult to understand what you are saying. Are you talking about the installation DVD that came with the Game Capture isn't working now, or your DVD player/burner doesn't recognize any discs?

What CD did you format, and why would you format a CD?

Edited by grandpabruce

It's very difficult to understand what you are saying. Are you talking about the installation DVD that came with the Game Capture isn't working now, or your DVD player/burner doesn't recognize any discs?

What CD did you format, and why would you format a CD?

I tested it out, so I think it may be the DVD drive or CD drive because my movies still play on my PC

I tested it out, so I think it may be the DVD drive or CD drive because my movies still play on my PC

I don't think anybody has a clue what you are posting about

I realize that you are a gamer, but do your really have a problem comprehending the written word, even if it is in a post? You didn't answer the questions that I asked.

Deadlock: can you check the Disc with Windows Explorer???

Keep in mind it is actually a CD and not a DVD ;)

That means your drive could be at fault as there are actually 2 separate lasers in in, one to read/write CD media and a different one for DVD Media. ~ even a 3rd if it does BD :huh:

Take a look, the contents should look like this:

post-39730-0-07126500-1374774439_thumb.jpg

Is that what you see?

I don't think anybody has a clue what you are posting about

I meant I DON"T* think its my drive because movies still play on my PC, I think its the CD that stopped working, I havent tested on a diff PC yet though. All my DVD/CD drivers are up to date and they work with other CDs. My bag guys. I was wondering where do I get a new one by itself and can i use my same serial code.

I realize that you are a gamer, but do your really have a problem comprehending the written word, even if it is in a post? You didn't answer the questions that I asked.

I didnt fully read your post , sorry, I formatted the Roxio CD on accident, but I dont think it completed. I just can't install the CD on my PC( it stopped working even before I formatted it though) Is there anyway to use a different program or get a new CD without having to buy the roxio over again?

Deadlock: can you check the Disc with Windows Explorer???

Keep in mind it is actually a CD and not a DVD ;)

That means your drive could be at fault as there are actually 2 separate lasers in in, one to read/write CD media and a different one for DVD Media. ~ even a 3rd if it does BD :huh:

Take a look, the contents should look like this:

post-39730-0-07126500-1374774439_thumb.jpg

Is that what you see?

Um I cant get to that because It wont show up in my Drive at all ( like it doesnt pop up when I put the CD in, it acts as if nothing's there).

I didnt fully read your post , sorry, I formatted the Roxio CD on accident, but I dont think it completed. I just can't install the CD on my PC( it stopped working even before I formatted it though) Is there anyway to use a different program or get a new CD without having to buy the roxio over again?

You can't format a CD once it has been written on Unless it was a RW CD in which case it would not be an original Roxio CD) . Why would you even want to do that?

Take that CD to another computer and look at it with Explorer.

Edited by myguggi