• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Audio Cd Authoring & Burning

SWM

Question

I want to author and burn audio CDs (sounds, not music, with about 10-12 tracks/CD) which I will package and sell. I have a Mac OS X 10.7.5. The CDs must be playable on standard CD players, just like any CD you would buy in a store. Will I be able to do this with Toast 11 or is there another program I should purchase? Thanks

7 answers to this question

I am having difficulty permanently adding text (artist name, album name, and track titles) to my CDs. I specifically bought Toast 11 so that I could burn my own CDs (my own music) and cut out the middle man, save money. I am having an album release party in a week and am in the process of burning 200 CDs, but cannot start quite yet because all of the text copies I create have no text attached. Even after I check the box that reads "Add CD Text" and then go in and set all the specific text as it should be. It is not working. Very frustrating. Can anyone help me with this matter?

Thank you!

- Andrew

The CD Text is there but computers typically don't read CD Text. There are a very few CD players (mostly in some high-end cars) that can read CD Text. You can see that it is there by inserting one of the CDs and choosing Disc Info from the Toast Recorder menu. The information will appear in a window.

What you're wanting is for the computer to show the info. That requires you to upload it to the online GraceNote database. This is done by first entering all the info using iTunes. When that is done at the top left of the iTunes window that shows your audio CD click on the Options button. There you'll see the option to "Submit CD Track names...". After doing this the information will automatically be downloaded to a computer's cdinfo database the first time the CD is inserted while the computer is connected to the Internet. After it is downloaded the first time the computer does not need to be connected to the Internet in the future because it will be reading the info from its own database file.

Toast also can submit track names so that may be an even easier way to go since Toast can read the CD Text info. After burning a disc, eject it and reinsert it. Then choose Submit CD Track Names from Toast's Disc menu. Obviously you only need to do this for the one disc.

I have bought Toast 11 Titanium to be able to write ISCR codes. My friend has one functoning perfectly. But there are no place to write the codes in my Toast 11 Titanium?

Click the More... button at the right side of the Toast window (you may need to click the Options button at the top right if you don't see the More... button). There you'll see where you can enter Product code for the entire disc and ISRC codes for the individual tracks.