• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 66 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Question

Hi there, I'd just like to ask for a bit of help here since I've been trying for weeks now to get my setup to work with the Roxio HD Pro, but with mixed results (which is very confusing... and frustrating).

So before I start, here are some of my computer specs:

Windows Vista Home Premium

Intel Core 2 Duo T5800 Processor, 2.0GHz, 2MB Cache.

2GB Ram

1535 MB NVIDIA Geforce 9300M GS

Windows Experience Index: 3.7

So I finally got the roxio, installed the software, plugged the usb in and connected my cables. The setup is as follows:

Xbox360 Slim (250GB) -> Component/AV Cable -> Roxio -> Component cable -> TV

With the roxio unplugged, my TV displays games perfectly fine in 1080p. However when I load up the software for the roxio, the preview screen flickers blue, the "Signal" part shows "No Signal" then switches to "Ready" and then back again frequently. Despite the cables plugged into the roxio being Component, and the Component LED being lit up on the actual Roxio, the software on my laptop says HDMI and refuses to change. If I move the Capture quality slide bar, it will flicker from HDMI to Component, and will then usually crash.

Despite this, it HAS WORKED ON SOME OCCASIONS.

In some cases the software has loaded perfectly fine, with the signal on "ready" and the preview showing exactly what is on my TV. I have managed to record several gameplays this way. But it still persists in being inconsistent.

So I read a few similar cases on these very forums, and decided to repair my software after uninstalling the roxio driver. I followed this exact process:

Switch off firewall -> Plug in the roxio device -> Uninstall the roxio driver (in device manager) -> Remove the roxio device -> insert the installation disk -> Check for updates -> Repair the software.

This did not work and led me to completely uninstalling and reinstalling the software. I still get the same results.

So from this information is there anything that anybody can spot to see where I'm going wrong, and what I can do to get the roxio working?

As far as I am aware, my computer specs are adequate for the Roxio HD Pro, despite being on the lower end of the spectrum.

Also the HDMI port on my xbox is broken due to a faulty HDMI cable in the past, hence why I am using the Component cables. So HDMI is out of the question here.

The second component cable is new, the Component/AV connecting the Xbox to the Roxio is not. However the Component/AV Cable has worked perfectly on the 3 consoles I have tested it on.

Any ideas? Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks! ^_^

P.S. Would it be possible to use this setup;

Xbox 360 -> Component/AV cable -> Roxio -> HDMI cable -> TV ???? Just a thought.

Edited by DanC95

15 answers to this question

Hmmm, It's hard to see what piece of hardware isn't working properly - xbox, RGC or maybe your computer. I used to have the same problem but found if i swapped the component cables around so the one that was originally going from roxio to T.V was now going from roxio to console, I have also seen a fair few of posts relating to the new slim version of the 360 having the "no signal" fuss, I have both xbox's and my slim seems to hate the roxio. Have you tried using a different t.v? or maybe have another computer to install the software on?

Im no epert on this but give it a few hours for jim to see your post and I'm sure you'll be filming in no time!! Is there a youtube channel for me to check out? always nice to watch people who are also using the RGC ;)

Unfortunately no there isn't a youtube channel yet as I can't capture gameplay when I want to... the software seems to decide when it wants to record and when it doesn't.

I can't swap the component cables, since the one from Xbox -> RGC has the specific male end on one side, like this;

34837880_300x300_1.jpg

That bulky end won't plug into my TV. The other cable I am using from RGC -> TV looks like this at both ends;

adf5c089.jpg

So unfortunately I can't switch those cables.

I will try this on another TV later today, but I don't have another computer to test.

I'm no expert either but if I were to guess I would say I'm having a software issue, as it does record sometimes, but at other times it gets no signal/selects HDMI input/ doesn't respond so windows closes it.

Hardly an Expert!!!

The connector that goes into the Xbox is specific to the Xbox and doesn't fit Anything else that I know of :huh:

How is HDMI output from the Xbox handled? (see, not an expert ;) )

In any case, I think the first test you need to make is to feed the RGC another source to confirm it is or is not working!

Use a DVD or BD Player or even a camcorder as long it has HDMI or Component (PR, PB & Y) output...

I think mine did that once, flick between Ready and No Signal, but it was a loose connection at the source.

I can't get hold of a device with HDMI output, was going to borrow my friends blu-ray player but I can;t get in touch with him. The ignorance of some people :glare:

Anyway, I still need help with this, any other suggestions?

Xbox 360 -> Component/AV cable -> Roxio -> HDMI cable -> TV ???? Just a thought.

I had never really tested this setup for myself before...

I JUST did and Component to RGC with HDMI OUT to monitor/TV - DOES NOT WORK!!!

HDMI in, with Component out will work but not the other way :huh:

I had never really tested this setup for myself before...

I JUST did and Component to RGC with HDMI OUT to monitor/TV - DOES NOT WORK!!!

HDMI in, with Component out will work but not the other way :huh:

I wondered if the RGC was capable of converting the Component signal to HDMI and vice versa. How odd that it only works one way though...

Some users have claimed that it does work both ways...

But I had been meaning to test that and you finally motivated me to battle with the dust bunnies under my desk :lol:

I am hoping some others will jump in here and confirm/deny my findings ;)

BUT Back to You! Is that of any use in your situation???

Unfortunately not. Since I can't use HDMI from my Xbox to RGC...

I have tried using Component -> RGC -> HDMI -> TV... but it is still the same. I ran another repair on the software (same method as stated in original post) and I still get the same results, except this time the software crashes more easily, AND every time I plug the RGC into one of the USB ports on my laptop it says "Installing Device Driver Software".

I'm not sure it is supposed to do this because the drivers are already installed aren't they? Perhaps this is my issue. Any way for me to fix?

Doesn't matter WHAT message comes up what counts is What shows up in your Device Manager...

ONE and One entry only:

post-39730-0-81119600-1375012837_thumb.jpg

I explained that Component to RGC and HDMI out to TV or Monitor will not work!

You have to either fix your Xbox or buy a powered Component to HDMI Converter or buy a Monitor/TV that accepts Component input... ;)

Doesn't matter WHAT message comes up what counts is What shows up in your Device Manager...

ONE and One entry only:

post-39730-0-81119600-1375012837_thumb.jpg

I explained that Component to RGC and HDMI out to TV or Monitor will not work!

You have to either fix your Xbox or buy a powered Component to HDMI Converter or buy a Monitor/TV that accepts Component input... ;)

That's exactly what my device manager entry looks like. Just one roxio gamecap HD pro entry. :huh:

And my TV does accept Component input. Again, my setup is Xbox -> component -> RGC -> component -> TV.

The issue is not with my TV, it works perfectly fine displaying the component signal without the RGC, and through the RGC. The problem is the roxio software often crashes, switches between "Ready" and "No Signal", switches between "HMDI" input and "Component" input and is generally unresponsive until windows force closes the program.

I have run repairs on the software, I have completely uninstalled it twice and then reinstalled it correctly and with updates, but it still acts the same. I think I might just get a refund on this it seems more hassle than it is worth, sadly -_-

That behavior either stems from the RGC Device itself or your PC...

This is why it is so important to try a different source to isolate Where the problem lies ;)

Today I uninstalled the software and reinstalled it. The software is very slightly quicker to load, and will actually work in a sense. However when using the recording or streaming features the video produced is "laggy", it will be fine for about 3 seconds and then will then lag frequently. I have also noticed that the RGC will not accept 1080p input, but 1080i input at most... again I was under the impression the RGC was capable of 1080p capture?

I'm struggling to find spare time to continue testing this, especially with other devices as you have said jim, because I can't get hold of another device capable of HDMI/Component output and I'm quite busy at the moment.

Still I'll continue to post my progress and issues so that I can get some more feedback. Hopefully this will eventually be resolved.

Try dropping your Xbox down to 720. Just cause it can capture at 1080 doesn't mean that thats the best for your set up. You stated that your computer met minimum specifications for use. 1080 demands a lot out of your comp and you may have hit the limit.

If you're using just the Roxio Uninstaller, it's leaving a bunch of junk on your system that I believe causes a bad reinstall. Below are the steps I needed to take to get the Roxio running on a Win 8 box. It's copied from an email I sent to support while we were trying to get it to work.

steps I took :

I did an unstall with revo

I created a new local user acct

I did a fresh install to the new user, AV off, Ck for update selected

Connected Roxio, turned on xbox

Ran a Capture, it worked.

Transferred the Capture to Edit , It worked.

Opened all previous Capture's, they would never open, they now work.

Restarted the machine.

Opened the OLD user acct

Ran a Capture, it worked.

Transferred the Capture to Edit, it worked.

Opened previous Capture's, that didn't work, they now work.

So ok, it's working.

It has a minor glitch.

When I do a complete Shut Down, turning the Xbox off 1st., upon restart Roxio has NO Signal and

will not pass the Xbox signal thru to the TV.

If I unplug the Roxio USB cord, wait 10 seconds, and then plug it back in; it will start working correctly.

Is this the way it should work or is this a problem??

My opinion is that once the Roxio software has a corruption , it will not repair itself even with a fresh install.

You have to use the Revo or similar to get rid of all traces of the software and then start fresh with a new user account

to 'Reset' whatever is left over that can't be reset with the original user account.

You might check the registry. Using Revo it clears Hkey_Local_Machine-software-roxio. The Roxio folder Gone.

But if you check Hkey_Current_User - software - roxio, all entries are still present....Strange

I never edit the registry, I use a disc image instead for problems, so I won't delete the entries that remain to test

my opinion :)

My thoughts are that the registry entrees left over cause a problem for some reinstalls.YMMV.

Good Luck

Dana