• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Question

I just bought and installed NXT. when I try to burn a production to dvd it wont recognize the blank and says the drive is empty. I have tried dvd-r, dvd+r, and even bought a new pack of dvd-r's. I'm sure I'm missing a button somewhere. I'm using a bran new Toshiba S55 I-7 from staples.

For more info, I took clips from my gopro, converted to some avi format so NXT would read it (gopro's protune setting causes nxt to lock up and shot down), I put the clips into the timeline editor to cut out the stuf I don't whant, click on burn, Burn Project window pops up, and it says "dirive empty". the name of my drive is TSSTcorp CDDVDW SU-208BB. Am using win8.

I believe the drive to be working because it installed the software and also the WinDVD that came with NXT says the vertion I have won't play a copy righted movie when I put in Ace ventura. Lame, my old windvd played movies all the time. Formating the disk will at least tell me what speed it will be buring but still will not highlight the burn button

Edited by tripplec

Jack,

Thanks for your effort and that result. Can you tell us the make/model of your BD drives?

tripplec,

You have Windows 8, I understand. Is it 32-bit or 64-bit please?

Jerry,

I understand you have a Pavilion h8-1360t running W7-64, but I don't know which drive option you have. Can you tell us the make/model of your drives, please?

Regards,

Brendon

Jack, tripplec, and Jerry.

Would you try, 'Get Disc Information' from tools, with a empty disc your trying to burn to, and show us a screen shot, please?

post-97-0-32704500-1381883191_thumb.jpg

post-97-0-10371600-1381882988_thumb.jpg

Jack, tripplec, and Jerry.

Would you try, 'Get Disc Information' from tools, with a empty disc your trying to burn to, and show us a screen shot, please?

post-97-0-32704500-1381883191_thumb.jpg

post-97-0-10371600-1381882988_thumb.jpg

My F drive is the BD drive and the other I just installed is only DVD... but you have to remember this, it works in Roxio when making data or music or whatever, it's when I output a project to "MyDVD" is when the blank media is not valid or seen... here is the info.

post-45681-0-93688900-1381890122_thumb.jpgpost-45681-0-90106500-1381890143_thumb.jpg

Edited by MoreOf Me

post-45681-0-90106500-1381890143_thumb.jpg

Thanks Jack.

(we deleted the duplicated post)

Regards,

Brendon

Jack,

Thanks for your effort and that result. Can you tell us the make/model of your BD drives?

tripplec,

Jerry,

I understand you have a Pavilion h8-1360t running W7-64, but I don't know which drive option you have. Can you tell us the make/model of your drives, please?

Regards,

Brendon

Yes here is my Disc info below. It is also appropriate to inform all interested, that I spoke with Roxio Customer Support today and they are refunding my purchase price for NXT. I am giving up on NXT. Given the fact that it is the ONLY program that has shown any problem reading/writing to the DVD drive. So I guess now I will start the search for other multimedia software suites. Anyone have any suggestions?

post-112103-0-64130700-1381894398_thumb.jpg

Edited by jolafson

Yes here is my Disc info below. It is also appropriate to inform all interested, that I spoke with Roxio Customer Support today and they are refunding my purchase price for NXT. I am giving up on NXT. Given the fact that it is the ONLY program that has shown any problem reading/writing to the DVD drive. So I guess now I will start the search for other multimedia software suites. Anyone have any suggestions?

post-112103-0-64130700-1381894398_thumb.jpg

I bought Nero 12 Platinum but I don't think you'll be happy with it. It's missing a lot of features that we are used to with Roxio. I tried another DVD drive and it this resolve the problem with reading and writing, so you may try that. I'm running Windows 8 - 64 bit.

Thanks Jerry. If the DVD-RAM GHA3N is the drive you're having trouble with, I'm very surprised. The fingers were starting to point at some Blu-Ray drives, but your drive hails from mid 2006 so that upsets that theory.

I note that you could get a new 24x DVDRW from NewEgg for $19.99 with free shipping, whereas Nero 12 Platinum is $60.

Regards,

Brendon

Thanks Jerry. If the DVD-RAM GHA3N is the drive you're having trouble with, I'm very surprised. The fingers were starting to point at some Blu-Ray drives, but your drive hails from mid 2006 so that upsets that theory.

I note that you could get a new 24x DVDRW from NewEgg for $19.99 with free shipping, whereas Nero 12 Platinum is $60.

Regards,

Brendon

Brendon, et al,

You may be interested in my latest post on http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/89663-nxt-pro-not-recognizing-disc-in-drive/

It is quite apparent there is a problem with NXT and some optical drives, but no one is willing to accept responsibility and solve the problem.

Jerry

Brendon, et al,

You may be interested in my latest post on http://forums.suppor...-disc-in-drive/

It is quite apparent there is a problem with NXT and some optical drives, but no one is willing to accept responsibility and solve the problem.

Jerry

Yep Jerry, I'm here. [i don't know about Al :) ] I've been trying to keep up with your messages scattered about the board.

It is true [as you said and I have said too] that there is a problem with NXT in 64-bit Windows and some optical drives. If you read Jack's post here http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/89384-nxt-says-no-disk-inserted/?do=findComment&comment=449478 you'll see that Roxio Support know about it and have suggested a work-around while they try to sort the problem out. We have pinned a reference to this at the top of this forum to help while we wait for the Company to come up with a solution.

I don't think impatience is going to help anyone at this point.

Regards,

Brendon

Edited by Brendon
fixed the link

Brendon,

Sorry if I came across as impatient...mostly just frustrated. I spent over a month and exchanged twenty emails with Roxio Support and not once did they admit they were aware of a problem between NXT and some ODDs. A little candor on their part would have gone a long way to help me decide on the best coarse of action.

The reason I have stayed with Creator since EMC 9, is the well designed interface and functionality of creating video/photo productions. I just wish they would do a better job at Customer Support and provide more than 15 days of free support. Believe me, having spent over thirty years as a software engineer, I know the difficulties of troubleshooting hardware/software problems, but I also learned how important it is to be honest and forthcoming with your customers. I hope Roxio will improve in those areas.

Regards,

Jerry

UPDATE: After reading different posts and almost giving up, I was reading to try another drive, I had 2 blu-ray drives in my computer, one was read only and the other was read and write. And they were suppose to be able to burn normal DVD's as well, anyhow, I got one of my older drives from an older computer that had died - 4 years old - and pulled out the blu-ray "read only" drive out of my computer and installed this older drive, and guess what? It works!!!

I still can't burn blu-ray, but I can now burn regular DVD's in that older drive... so again, it has something to do with MyDVD not seeing certain optical drives in Windows 8-64, because it used to see my blu-ray drive in my Windows 7-32 bit OS with no problems, but not in Windows 8-64... I'm still waiting to hear back from Roxio. The last time they wrote me, told me to uninstall NXT, following their specific instructions, which I did, and do a clean install to see if that would help..and it did not,... the blu-ray drive still not working. But it works fine in all my other programs like Nero and Director 11. So that's my update for the minute.OH... and I just updated my computer's OS to Windows 8.1, and still nothing...FYI

It's been many months since I looked at this post. Nice to know i'm not the only one with the problem. NXT also locks up with gopro mp4 video, sound recordings and locks up half the time you try to add video NXT itself has formatted and saved. I took a copy of each of these formats and put them on an old dell running XP with nxt and EVERYTHING worked fine exept for the computer is too slow to run NXT but nxt never locked up. So I've decided NXT is just not compatible with Win8 and I am going to try to have my Toshiba satellite switched to xp if I can. It would be nice if Roxio would have an update for nxt to work with win 8 unless the problem is win .

Edited by tripplec

Jack,

tripplec,

Jerry,

Regards,

Brendon

Brendon if your still following this I have the 64 bit I believe. Did you have an idea? I'm considering taking my computer to the shop and see if I can get xp put on it. There are other quirky issues I don't like about win8 Edited by tripplec

Hi Tripplec,

I'm pretty sure this only happens with the 64-bit OS. Haven't found one complaint with the 32-bit version.

I was hoping we could tie it to a particular type or model of drive, but I haven't had enough responses and they're pointing in all directions.

See MoreOfMe's last post a short distance above - he was having trouble where Blu-Ray drives were involved.

Apart from those, nothing conclusive I'm afraid.

Regards,

Brendon

Hi Tripplec,

I'm pretty sure this only happens with the 64-bit OS. Haven't found one complaint with the 32-bit version.

I was hoping we could tie it to a particular type or model of drive, but I haven't had enough responses and they're pointing in all directions.

See MoreOfMe's last post a short distance above - he was having trouble where Blu-Ray drives were involved.

Apart from those, nothing conclusive I'm afraid.

Regards,

Brendon

Ya I read his. Mine isn't blue ray however as I mentioned I have a lot of trouble with it shutting down too. I will make a movie and convert it to divx format then the next time I try to open it it will shut down nxt even though nxt made the file. Very finicky. I may ask about the 64/32 bit thing at the computer store. maybe I can change something. frustrating. would going back to xp get me away from this 64 bit problem? nxt does not lock up on my older dell with XP however the laptop is old and not fast enough to get anything done. whats very frustrating is I spent 400 on a gopro camera then 700 on this computer to watch the gopro video then 100 on Roxio nxt to make the movies from my gopro and I have fought it more times than I have edited any footage with no updates or patches in sight to fix anything. Maybe Roxio will offer the newer software at a very good price to compensate those of us that bought nxt and had all these problems. I loved VideoWave 7 Professional so I wanted to stick with Roxio but right now I'm looking at my dive partners video editing software he bought for half the price and works great with his gopro. Well sorry for the rant, I'll keep watching this thread anyway in hopes someone hears of a fix from Roxio.

Edited by tripplec

Thanks lots. Fingers crossed for a fix, but don't hold your breath.

I haven't found the problem with either of my machines, 32 or 64-bit. That's what's so frustrating from this side of the desk.

I think that if you're seeing this problem, switching to any 32-bit O.S. will fix it.

Regards,

Brendon

I got to thinking about the cost of having a computer store reformat with another operating system exspecially since it came with no install disks, and I've decided it might be cheaper to gat another editing program. I loved roxio's VideoWave7, but since there is no upgrades through NXT, and no upgrades on the Roxio website, it might be time to try something other that Roxio. Very disappointed. the problem is not roxio, my win8 is havine problems with all video stuf, so mabe roxio does not have a patch to fix windows problems. maybe I should direct my disapointment towards microsoft for trying so hard to bag XP, one of their finest OS.

Edited by tripplec

I have discovered the problems I have ARE NOT NXT!!!!!!!!! win8 is lowsy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even the lady at the computer store shrugs her sholders when discussing Microsoft. Her exact words were "that's Microsoft for you". Put a product out that is not working and move on to something newer while taking away something working (XP). She said a coworker is using win7 with no problems and recommended I dump my expensive laptop and get one with 7. I tried an avs editor same problem. my Real Player wont download videos off the internet, gopro software sometimes has a melt down. NXT seems to be fine and not the problem. Share the word.