• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

I Need Help

MusicMan234

Question

I am thinking of buying the roxio game capture card.

I want to know if the roxio can store videos.

In other words, I want to hook my PS3 to the roxio HD and the roxio HD to my TV. I am not able to connect the roxio to my computer while recording from my PS3. I want to know if the roxio will still save the videos I record. Then, after I record them, I will upload them to my computer. I would like to know if this is even possible.

The reason I want to record separately from my computer is because I don't have a long enough chord to go to my computer from my PS3 and Roxio. So, I would like to know if the roxio can store videos that have been recorded before I make a purchase.

If the roxio does not, does anyone know of a Game Capture Card for PS3 that can capture video in HD with an HDMI cable without being connected to a PC?

2 answers to this question

I am thinking of buying the roxio game capture card.

I want to know if the roxio can store videos.

In other words, I want to hook my PS3 to the roxio HD and the roxio HD to my TV. I am not able to connect the roxio to my computer while recording from my PS3. I want to know if the roxio will still save the videos I record. Then, after I record them, I will upload them to my computer. I would like to know if this is even possible.

The reason I want to record separately from my computer is because I don't have a long enough chord to go to my computer from my PS3 and Roxio. So, I would like to know if the roxio can store videos that have been recorded before I make a purchase.

If the roxio does not, does anyone know of a Game Capture Card for PS3 that can capture video in HD with an HDMI cable without being connected to a PC?

Easy answer. No.

How far away is your game console from your PC?

The game capture device (any one that you look at) only takes the video signal as it's coming from the game console, converts it to a particular video format, then transfers it to the PC. Power comes from the USB cable connection.

So, in theory, a long USB cable could solve your problem, the problem would be that you may have trouble getting power over a long cable, in which case, a powered USB hub at the end by the capture device might solve that problem.

So, as GrandpaBruce said, no, the game capture device by itself is just a paperweight, but depending on the distances involved, you might be able to make it work.