Toast Not Burning The Entire Mpeg File

Modrevolve

Question

this is a new one so hopefully I can explan the problem properly.

I want to edit a tv show I have on dvd getting rid of commericals. I open up the vob files in mpeg as one continuous file and it tells me tha there may be timecode breaks that need fixing. I tell it to fix them (this is not uncommon to me). After my editing the file is 59 minutes long. The amount of breaks were somewhere around 100.

The video file is an MPEG-2 , 720 X 480 at 29.9 fps. The audio is Dolby Digital Stereo. The quality setting is Custom with no reencoding selected.

I place it in Toast to burn the file as DVD or Blu Ray. The problem is when it burns it the file, the result is only around 55 minutes and has numerous audio/video cuts throughout the video.

I'm guessing this has something to to with the timecode breaks that I though were supposedly fixed in MPEG Streamclip..Maybe it isn't? I've done numerous tests making disc images instead of wasting discs but nothing seems to change the problem at hand,

Anyone have suggestions?

4 answers to this question

yes..this is so strange..I did this exactly as you say..the video started at 25 minutes and 33 seconds and made an image of it..when I opened it, the time dropped to a little over 23 minutes with bits of video cut..

Is there anything odd about the source video's specs? Maybe it has an odd size or frame rate. Presuming it plays fine in MPEG Streamclip my recommendation is to convert it to DV (either 4:3 or 16:9) and put that in Toast. Toast has a DV preset in its convert window. It's the same as choosing DVCPRO25 as a QuickTime codec export.

So I saved it as a DV file and than made an image file...Takes a little longer than I expected but it seems to have worked..thanks so much for the suggestion!

Is there anything odd about the source video's specs? Maybe it has an odd size or frame rate. Presuming it plays fine in MPEG Streamclip my recommendation is to convert it to DV (either 4:3 or 16:9) and put that in Toast. Toast has a DV preset in its convert window. It's the same as choosing DVCPRO25 as a QuickTime codec export.