Tivo Transfer Not Seeing My Dvr

Ellenann

Question

I will be upgrading to a Tivo Premier when my new TV comes, and I am trying to transfer the shows from my Series 2 to my MacBookPro. It's been a couple of years since I used this feature, but I used to not have any problem. I have restarted my router, restarted the Tivo a couple of times. I contacted Tivo, and of course, they said it was a Roxio issue. Anybody got any other ideas? I'm running OS 10.7.5 and Toast 10.0.9. Thanks.

Ellen

2 answers to this question

It should be working. Is anything connected via WiFi? If so try connecting using ethernet through a router. I think there is a troubleshooting article in Roxio's knowledgebase that you can search for on the main support page. Do you have any third-party network security apps installed? That may be blocking it. I'm sorry that I don't have a certain fix because I haven't encountered any problems finding the TiVo that couldn't be fixed by either restarting the TiVo or restarting my router. The version of TiVo Transfer I'm using is the same as yours and I have Macs running 10.7.x and 10.8.x.