• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Audio Video Lag Using Dual Layer Discs

Greenacre

Question

Can anyone tell me if they are able successfully to burn a dual layer video disc using Video Wave and My DVD in Creator NXT. I had the same problem with Creator 2011 so I installed NXT hoping the problem had been solved. I have tried all the recommendations, I have also tried an alternative high spec PC . The result is the same. Yes I have used disc images! When the disc is played it is out of sync, gradually after approx 45 - 50 mins the audio video are in sync. I have proved that the same problem exists with the disc image file. I can play the disc image using alternative software. This confirms that problems is not my DVD burners. I really would like a definitive answer to this problem. Please note these are my home videos not games videos. Thanks in anticipation.

2 answers to this question

It is impossible to give you a definitive answer. Typically when there is an audio/video sync issue it is because some frames were dropped during the capture. Are you capturing from an analog device or digital?

If analog, capture in 10-15 minute segments and put them together in Video Wave and edit out any duplication.

If digital, don't capture, copy from the digital source to a folder on your computer.

Make sure nothing else is running during the encoding including your antivirus.

Thanks for your response. I use a Sony CX106E digital video camera with memory stick media. I do download the video to a folder on my computer. I play the video from this folder and it is in sync. I play the video in Video Wave and it is in sync. The lag always starts from the beginning of the image file or disc. If I split the video file into two and burn each half onto 2 discs they are both in sync.