• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
robert-k

Cd Information Appears In Japanese And Chinese Kanji In Itunes

Question

I burned a CD using Toast 11, entered ISRC Codes other CD information. When I put the CD into my Mac computer itunes displays wrong song titles in Japanese and Chinese Kanji. When I do a Google search on the symbols I come up with videos of a Chinese piano player.

Did I do something wrong??

1 answer to this question

Computers do not read the track info for CDs. Instead they go to the online Gracenote database and search for info from that's been uploaded there for a disc that has the same number of tracks and track lengths. You created a CD the matches another that had its info uploaded to Gracenote.

You need to edit what's been downloaded from Gracenote by manually entering the correct info in iTunes. There is a CD Text to cdinfo Applescript from Dougscripts.com that will automate this from the scripts menu in iTunes.

After you get all the info correct you can upload your info to Gracenote from either iTunes or Toast. That way if the disc gets inserted in a different computer a window should appear asking the user to select which set of information is correct for that audio CD.