• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Complete Failure And No Refund

MicRog

Question

I have purchased Creator NXT and opted for a disc copy which took 12 days to arrive. On installation it did not work and despite technical assistance, still doesn't. I opted for NXT from Creator 2010 due to Windows 8. This technical support took some time - as far as I am concerned up to 29 days following registration. But 'no' says Roxio/Digital River the 30 day refund period starts when you order! Despite e-mails and letters, I have no been afforded any reply. So my advice - look for something else - this is not a customer friendly company. I would not normally post on a Forum but my treatment has been appalling. Anybody else had the same treatment. MicRog

6 answers to this question

I have purchased Creator NXT and opted for a disc copy which took 12 days to arrive. On installation it did not work and despite technical assistance, still doesn't. I opted for NXT from Creator 2010 due to Windows 8. This technical support took some time - as far as I am concerned up to 29 days following registration. But 'no' says Roxio/Digital River the 30 day refund period starts when you order! Despite e-mails and letters, I have no been afforded any reply. So my advice - look for something else - this is not a customer friendly company. I would not normally post on a Forum but my treatment has been appalling. Anybody else had the same treatment. MicRog

Most here don't work for Roxio/Corel unless it says so next to there user name.

If you can't install it folks here might be able to help with that if you want help?

Post your zipped log file like this post explains, http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/69563-getting-installation-log-files/

Attach the zipped file same way you attach a .jpg image explained in this post, http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/74120-posting-a-picturescreen-cap-on-roxio/

The product installed okay - VideoWave does not work. Everytime I open the program it crashes. I had quite a lot of tech help, even 'gotoassist' but even Ralf the tech guy could not sort it. I wanted to post a log because I am totally frustrated and annoyed.

The product installed okay - VideoWave does not work. Everytime I open the program it crashes. I had quite a lot of tech help, even 'gotoassist' but even Ralf the tech guy could not sort it. I wanted to post a log because I am totally frustrated and annoyed.

So why did you not post a log file? What message do you get when you launch Videowave? Exactly what happens? You are not supplying any information other then it doesn't work?

What are your system specs?

The message I get when selecting a file(video/picture) is 'Videowave has stopped working. Windows is searching for a solution'. No solution and the program closes. Attached is log file. Originally on installation the program closed when opened. I have an XPS one 2710, Intel i7-3770S@3,10Ghz, 8 GB memory, Windows 8 (64 bit) and NVidia GeForce GT 640M video card.

Roxio Log Files.zip

Looking at the log files, there are a number of failures such as: "07/17/13 07:16:08 - Executing setup action: InstallActions.DOTNETFX_40.INS_DA

07/17/13 07:16:08 - Condition '(({SETUPLANG} == "DAN" OR {INSTALL_ALL_LANGS} == "1") AND {DOTNETFX_40.FoundDotNetDA} == "NotFound")' evaluated to false

07/17/13 07:16:08 - Condition for install action not satisfied; skipping"

.NET40 failed to install

Plus a slew of other failed components such as triple scoop (this part normally is caused because your default "Music" location in your windows profile has changed)

I recommend, formatting your hard drive and re-install windows. Make sure Windows is 100% upto date. Reboot, then proceed to reinstall your Roxio Product.