Please Help!1080P Not Working

Swiss9

Question

18 answers to this question

One thing for sure...

You have to have 1080 INPUT to be able to capture it :huh:

It cannot capture at a setting that is Greater than the input source.

So if you have an Xbox, for example, both the GAME and the Xbox must be HD for it to work ;)

Are you Serious?!?!?! You didnt watch the video did you? Please watch the video its only 2 minutes long! The problem is when i switch the xbox input to 1080p it does not show anything on the rgc screen and reads no signal, but if i set the xbox to 480p,720p or 1080i it reads ready and captures gameplay fine. Please just watch the video it cleary shows what is happening.

What frame rate is your XBox outputting at 1080p? As I said above, if your doing 1080p 60fps, the RGC HD Pro can't capture that. It does 1080p at 30 fps, or 1080i at 60fps, as you're seeing.

post-61-0-91706800-1375291165_thumb.png

I understand that the rgc only works with 1080p at 30fps but how do i know if my xbox is putting out 30 or 60 fps? Im not running a game, only testing in the xbox display setting menu. Hmmm maybe xbox only runs at 60fps? I have to look that up.

When Progressive is used, 30 fps is normal...

When the Interlaced system is used then it has to go up to 60 fps to be equal to Progressive ^_^

Numbers do not indicate any sort of performance in and of themselves :lol:

Looks like higher refresh rates aren't that uncommon as per this Wikipedia article:

Any display device that advertises 1080p typically refers to the ability to accept 1080p signals in native resolution format, which means there are a true 1920 pixels in width and 1080 pixels in height, and the display is not overscanning, underscanning, or reinterpreting the signal to a lower resolution. The HD ready 1080p logo program, by DIGITALEUROPE, requires that certified TV sets support 1080p 24fps, 1080p 50fps, and 1080p 60fps formats, among other requirements, with fps defined as frames per second.

Yes it works fine with 480p 720p and 1080i! Do you guys have a phobia of videos or something? Because the video i linked shows what exactly is happening!

I watched the video.

Unfortunately, unless and until you can determine the frame rate that your XBox is outputting in 1080p mode, there's not much more we can do except to say, use 1080i. And if you determine that it's outputting 1080p60, then the answer is clear, use 1080i because the RGC HD Pro doesn't support 1080p60. And if there's a way to switch the XBox to 1080p30, the video throughput of 1080p30 is essentially the same as 1080i60. I don't have an XBox to fiddle with.

Not sure what more you want us to suggest.

I watched the video.

Unfortunately, unless and until you can determine the frame rate that your XBox is outputting in 1080p mode, there's not much more we can do except to say, use 1080i. And if you determine that it's outputting 1080p60, then the answer is clear, use 1080i because the RGC HD Pro doesn't support 1080p60. And if there's a way to switch the XBox to 1080p30, the video throughput of 1080p30 is essentially the same as 1080i60. I don't have an XBox to fiddle with.

Not sure what more you want us to suggest.

Well i guess im sol