Burningspeed To Low

Ernst van Erkelens

Question

I bought Toast 11 Pro in september 2012 but the maximum burningspeed on my iMac 27" (new version) is only 4x on my LG USB DVD writer.

I still have to use Toast 10 to get 12-14x speed. (DVD+R 16x)

Does anyone on the forum knows where to get free support from Roxio ?

I cannot find it and paid more than 100 euro for a useless product.

roxio.tiff

3 answers to this question

This seems to be a defect in Toast 11.1. It improved a little with Toast 11.1 (1072). If you still have the version of Toast you bought a year ago install and use it to burn the discs. You can have both versions on your Mac by renaming the current Toast folder before installing the older version.

There are things Toast 11.1 does better so one option is for you to create your project with Toast 11.1 and then choose Save as Disc Image. Then burn the resulting .toast file using the Image File setting of the Copy window in the earlier version of Toast.

Discs burn much more slowly at the start than the rating on the disc. As the drive works from the inner part of the disc to the outer part the speed gradually increases. I've never seen a disc reach the fastest speed that it claims is possible.

It also makes a difference what brand of discs you use. The drive's firmware may be better tuned to a different brand. Verbatim discs usually do well.

Sorry, but this is just how it is.

Edited by tsantee

Hallo,

I am making the .iso in Adobe Encore so I can't use the .toast extension.

At the moment I have both versions on the iMac because I have to burn over 100 DVD's in the next few days.

Burning the same ISO file in Toast 10 gives a burning speed of 14 but in Toast 11 the speed is 4.

The DVD writer is running much faster and making some more noise in Toast 10 so I think it's a software problem in Toast 11.

I still feel that I paid 120 dollar for a product that is useless for me.

I presume you're burning the .iso using the Image File setting in the Toast Copy window. As I mentioned, there is a burn speed problem with Toast 11.1. It's a good thing you have Toast 10 to use. There is nothing any of us can do about this.