Question

Setting up the Roxio Game Capture HD PRO so it can capture my PC gameplay (I have no console as of yet) but keep running into this problem when I click on CAPTURE....

.Roxio01.jpg

That results in this once I click OK.....

Roxio02.jpg

I'm using an HDMI interface between the Roxio & my PC since my PC has no component A/V jacks

My basic system specs are as follows.....

* Gateway E-1200 Windows 8 Desktop PC with a 1.8 GB AMD Processor

* Windows 8 OS (Of course)

* 3 GB RAM

* ATI RADEON Graphics

Any ideas as to what might be causing this or what I might be doing wrong?

NEED TO KNOW THIS BEFORE I GET A CONSOLE IN THE NEXT MONTH OR SO

Cheers & Happy Gaming :D

12 answers to this question

Generally... that is an indication of a faulty install or corruption in the program.

The fix is easy, IF you follow these instructions:

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

Though there are a couple things you should know...

Capture on the same PC is iffy at best and often does not work!

Your PC CPU is a little Under the specs... (
)

FIRST, get it working!

Then try it out and see what you think ;)

(use a DVD or BD Player for testing)

That's what I was thinking though IOBit Malware did put up a bunch of warnings - ALL of which I ALLOWED

I'll unplug it COMPLETELY from the PC - HDMI & USB

I know that simply watching a video on my Desktop while wrtiting video from webcam of me to disk puts the video I'm watching out of sync (Thought this was due to encoding cam video into DiVx though it could still be) so thanks for the heads up about Gameplay (Ugh! :( ). That said, I've got a laptop too but it DOES NOT have HDMI nor Component jacks (It's a Sony VAIO with Windows Vista on it) & also has a 1.8 Ghz. CPU

Once I get it working, I'll post back here & then try a little Alien Arena (Since it doesn't slow my system down to a crawl) & see how that goes. If that goes well, then I'll try a little Planetside 2 (This should be the tell all since this game DOES slow my system down to a crawl)

I'll also try simply using Third Party utilities (Adobe Flash Encoder, Open Source Broadcaster etc) & see how those work (I'm thinking I may have to do this instead of recording the video locally & then have Torch download the video for posting on Social Media

In any event, I'll keep ya posted :D

Cheers & Happy Gaming :)

Well I did as you said & it didn't work :(

First - You should know that (As far as I know & can find at least), there's NO way to turn off Windows Defender in Windows 8 so that's OUT OF THE QUESTION

Secondly - I turned off IOBit Malware Fighter, Glary Utilities 3 & Smart Defrag as instructed above

Third - Did the rest of the reinstall just as instructed above

Also.....Third Party utilities like the ones I listed above can't even open the source (FME says Video format NOT SUPPORTED) See attachments

Only Debut Video Capture (Which like Open Source Broadcaster has Game Capture capabilities) gave me this WONDERFUL image (See the last attachment). Open Source Broadcaster just gives me a blank black screen but DOES support it & DOES NOT think it's somehow in use by another application (Got a short video capture of it if you care to see it)

If that doesn't work, then all there is left is to do a fresh clean reinstall as if I just brought the Roxio home but haven't installed the software yet since REPAIR just doesn't seem to be doing the job

Hope this helps explain my situation better.....

post-114215-0-51560300-1375647561_thumb.jpg

post-114215-0-69211600-1375647600_thumb.jpg

post-114215-0-16487400-1375647813_thumb.jpg

post-114215-0-90007300-1375648201_thumb.jpg

No it really isn't that hard to turn off Windows Defender...

If you have MS Silverlight installed you can watch the MS Video on how to do it, HERE

OR you can look at these instructions, HERE

Your Device Manager looks fine ;)

The RGC Device Does Not Work with any other software :huh: (this is true for many HD capture cards)

Still we are always looking for one that might to use as an independent test software, so thanks for eliminating those :lol:

So what happens when you use the Roxio Game Capture Suite???

And you should be using an independent Source, like a DVD or BD Player -_-

I didn't have a game to play so last time I tried it, I used CinePlayer to play a video file and output that HDMI to the RGC Device and output my 2nd Monitor.

Capture MUST be on Monitor 1. But it did not work for me :( You can see the capture preview lag here by noting the amount of trees to the left of the tail of the airplane at the left of the screen - I was zooming in at the time.

post-39730-0-54144200-1375666485_thumb.jpg

No it really isn't that hard to turn off Windows Defender...

If you have MS Silverlight installed you can watch the MS Video on how to do it, HERE

OR you can look at these instructions, HERE

Tried that & it didn't work. Got the message that WD was off & wasn't monitoring my PC but still didn't work. Looks like I'll have to clean reinstall.....
The RGC Device Does Not Work with any other software :huh: (this is true for many HD capture cards)

Still we are always looking for one that might to use as an independent test software, so thanks for eliminating those :lol:

Well you might wanna add Debut to the (Obviously) short list of those that WILL with the Roxio driver though
So what happens when you use the Roxio Game Capture Suite???
Same as above. Hence the idea of doing a fresh clean reinstall
And you should be using an independent Source, like a DVD or BD Player -_-
I got a DVD Player but I can't play PC Games with that. I also got an HDTV I can use too (But I'll need that for when I get a console)
I didn't have a game to play so last time I tried it, I used CinePlayer to play a video file and output that HDMI to the RGC Device and output my 2nd Monitor.
I'm NOT trying to play video files on the same PC I'm streaming to Twitch TV. I'm trying to stream my PC Game Gameplay (I fear my earlier reference has confused you now :( )

That video thingie will take care of itself as I address my PC gameplay issue. Need to work on THAT first

I shouldn't need 3 monitors in total but if I do, I do (Compared to PC's, monitors are pretty cheap). As I said before, my laptop doesn't support HDMI or Component (It's juat a basic Windows Vista 32 Bit Laptop) so it will have to serve as the monitor which will display my Twitch TV stream as the rest of the world sees it

BTW - Looked under the system specs & found this little tidbit of info.....

Minimum System Requirements:

Microsoft Windows® 8, 7, Vista™ SP2, XP (SP3 for 32 bit & SP2 for 64 bit), Intel® Core 2 Duo Processor 1.8 GHz or AMD Athlon x2 64 2.0 GHz, 2GB RAM

MORE.....

HOWEVER there's also this.....

Dual Core 2.3 GHz above is recommended for 1080 30p/60i recording.

Well since YouTube doesn't really support 1080p (Or 1080i for that matter) & neither do many other websites for that matter, I'd be happy with a final output of 720p on YouTube / 480p on Twitch TV (I say 480p on Twitch TV because CenturyLink is such a cheapskate when it comes to upload speed for Residential DSL that even my T-Mobile Phone is faster ON 4G than my home connection is :( *OUCH*)

In short, I'll be happy with what I can get with my Roxio as it's better than playing mobile games with a webcam pointed at it or playing mobile games thru some type of PC interface app (With laggy play & via screen capture I might add). If I gotta get a USB Video Capture Device like the ones pictured HERE (Not sure how/where I got that link but glad I did :) ) to compliment my Roxio then so be it (I've got plenty of USB slots in the back of the PC to work with, so..... :) )

Yes I go along with most of that ;)

I did misunderstand about play/capture on the same PC!

No you do not need 3 monitors, you Play PC with be fine and your Capture PC should have one too.

I will look into Debut~ actually I might even have it here somewhere :lol:

I'm thinking if I hook the Play PC (Which I hope to be able to use for streaming when playing games from my Playstation when I get it) to one side of the Roxio via HDMI with A/V Component connections from a USB Video Capture Device (Connected to my laptop which will stream my PC gameplay) should do the trick

When I get my Playstation, it'll be hooked up to my TV via HDMI but will also have the Playstation specific A/V Component cables coming out of it & connected to the other side of my Roxio. If I need the laptop to stream my console gameplay due to Windows 8 compatibility issues which are specific to the Roxio software then so be it (Otherwise I'll like be using OSB, XSplit or whatever other Third Party program that'll work with the driver :) )

Edited by PC Gameboy

..."due to Windows 8 compatibility issues which are specific to the Roxio software"...

Nobody at Roxio has ever mentioned any???