• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video Capture C#

ne0hisda0ne

Question

My company has need for recording video from another computer. Up to now our only option was VNC or a Webcam. That just won't do. So we are looking for solutions. This game capture device (Roxio Game Capture HD Pro) looks like the perfect solution. So I've convinced them to buy this product, but I figured I could use "DirectShow (DirectShowNet) or DirectX (slimdx or shardx)" to capture video from the device. Every sample I find it'll show in the device list, but when trying to connect to it. It fails. I was wondering if anyone has tried or done this. If not, the SDK's Roxio offers, would it help? Please help??

4 answers to this question

Like most HD Capture cards, it only works with its' own software...

That software Only Captures as an MTS File.

However you can wait until your edits are complete and Export As into almost every format you have ever seen!

What would you need beyond that???

I am curious, are you after the entire computer screen or just a particular software while it is running?

The more details of your concept you share, the more accurate suggestions I can offer.

I'm trying to control the recording part. We want to be able to switch on and record on the fly and also be able to tell it when to stop. So I was going to try and develop something via C# that would pull the video in and then save it to a file. Just like a webcam. That's why I asked if the SDK's that Roxio provides will help. The department I work in is Automation. We have ways of doing things that don't require human interaction. So I we need a way to record a machine's video when triggered, also to stop when triggered. Again all automated.