• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video Wave

markabb

Question

Hi, all im new and would like some help/advice please, ok im making a slideshow with music and video but no matter which way I do it the music plays over the speech in the video, I open it in videowave and add the video before the current panel ( i.e before the pictures) but I still cant seem to get the videos to play then after the videos have played the pictures start as does the music, has anyone any advice on how I can achieve this please..Kind regards Mark

7 answers to this question

Hi, all im new and would like some help/advice please, ok im making a slideshow with music and video but no matter which way I do it the music plays over the speech in the video, I open it in videowave and add the video before the current panel ( i.e before the pictures) but I still cant seem to get the videos to play then after the videos have played the pictures start as does the music, has anyone any advice on how I can achieve this please..Kind regards Mark

I am sorry but I have a hard time following and understanding what you are doing (or trying to do) from your description.

Try to use some punctuation etc to make your post readable. Don't use terms like "open it" without explaining what "it " is.

Right lets try to explain,! im trying to make a slideshow with photos, video & music, and the program I am using is Roxio slideshow assistant, within Roxio NXT, so I add my photos to the Roxio slideshow assistant, the aspect ratio is set to 4.3, I click next, I leave the default setting which are, transition = dissolve, the duration of the slide is 5 seconds and apply pan & zoom is set to all, so on the slideshow assistant I again click next, so I now go down the left hand menu and click edit in videowave, so now I have a new window showing & it is called Roxio videowave, so now what I would like to do is add some video to my slideshow, so I click on add photo/video and I choose 6 videos to add to my slideshow, now another little window opens giving me 5 options, and I choose option 2 which is insert before current panel, which is at the beginning of the slideshow, so lets recap, I now have 6 videos and 358 photos in my slideshow, the videos are at the beginning of the slideshow then I have a black panel then my photos, so now what I would like to do is add some music to my Roxio videowave slideshow, but I would like to be able to play my first 6 videos so that I can see and hear the video, then when the slideshow gets to the part where it starts to show the photos, this is when I would like the music to start, so lets go back to the part where ive played my 6 videos and I now have a black panel now when I click to add the background audio which is the second choice in the add content panel, left hand side, I get another little window open which is add background audio, I have 2 choices, I choose media selector , so I click on media selector which opens up another window, this is where my music files are, I highlight 10 mp3 files and click ok, now another little window opens up with 3 choices, number 1 is add on music track, number 2 is add on sound track & number 3 is add on internal music track of the selected panel, I clicked option 1 which is add on music track, I then click ok, now I have to click done at he bottom left hand side below storyline, so now I have 6 videos 358 photos and 10 mp3 music track in my Roxio video slideshow, so now I click play, now the videos start to play but the music is being played at the same time so I cannot hear what is being said in the video, I would like to be able to watch and listen to the videio, in my Roxio videowave slideshow, then I would like the music to start when the Roxio videowave slideshow starts to play the photos, I do hope I have explained this in a way that it can be understood. Mark

Or should I have just said I would like to make a slideshow with video and music in Roxio videowave slideshow assistant but I would like the music to start after I have viewed the video, so that the music plays only when the photos are showing in the slideshow ???

Edited by markabb

DO NOT USE SLIDE SHOW ASSISTANT ! Video Wave will work to make slide shows and will give you more ability to edit. Watch these for making a slide show with Video Wave, You can ddd video where you want it just as if you were adding a picture.

Add the music to start after the video (it is easier if you add the video first) ! Add it to the music track and move it to where you want it to start.

Music should always be added last -- after any transitions, effects, titles, text, etc.

Edited by sknis
  • Like 1

Or should I have just said I would like to make a slideshow with video and music in Roxio videowave slideshow assistant but I would like the music to start after I have viewed the video, so that the music plays only when the photos are showing in the slideshow ???

Like sknis posted, avoid the Slideshow Assistant.

I would actually make this a two step project. The first would be the slideshow where you can add your photos, transitions, music etc. I would then output (export) that slideshow to a video file, DVD mpeg, best quality. Once you have done that, exit Videowave and launch myDVD and add your 6 videos and the slideshow video file you created above.

By keeping the slideshow as a separate project it is much easier to make changes to the slideshow then having the complete project in one project.

BTW, how long in time is your whole project? You should realize that a standard 4.7GB DVD can only hold 60 minutes of video at best quality. Any longer and the video has to be compressed and you lose quality. which may be especially noticeable in you photo images.

Hello, I'm having a similar issue and I've found the replies above very helpful. However, I'm still having an issue. What I've done is created a slideshow with photos, music, transitions etc. from Videowave (Roxio NXT --> Edit Video -Advanced). When I play the slideshow here it looks exactly as I want it. If I then select "Export As" and choose MPEG2 for DVD-Best Quality, I end up with a .mpg file that plays fine on my Windows8 machine when it opens in Windows Media Player. However, if I create a new project in MyDVD and add this .mpg file (created from VideoWave) I am not getting any sound on the video. Alternatively, If when I create the slideshow (photos, music, transitions etc) in VideoWave and then do Export to myDVD directly (instead of saving it as an .mpg file for DVD) then it will play as expected with sound. But since I'm needing to add other video clips to it, I don't think that way will work. If I create a .mpg file for DVD from VideoWave, shouldn't it play as expected in myDVD? Anyone see what I'm doing wrong? I'm trying to compile a video show for a family gathering tomorrow. Thanks!