Sign in to follow this  
RVdave

Microsoft error message

Question

I just downloaded and tried installing Easy Media Creator 9 Suite on my desktop and laptop, and have the same problem on both. When pushing the Roxio Home desktop icon to start the program, I get a MS error message saying "Roxio Creator has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I then have the opportunity to Send MS the error report, which I did. Both machines are running XP SP2 and I've download this program 3 times and have uninstalled/re-installed it at least 5 times without any success. Is this a Windows compatibility problem, or a Creator 9 problem? I just ordered a backup CD, hoping I'll have more success with the CD than I'm having with the download. I've followed similar threads on this forum and have purged the registry of all Sonic and Roxio entries, so I "think" I'm doing as clean an install as possible. Thanks for any help you can provide. - Dave

I just downloaded and tried installing Easy Media Creator 9 Suite on my desktop and laptop, and have the same problem on both. When pushing the Roxio Home desktop icon to start the program, I get a MS error message saying "Roxio Creator has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I then have the opportunity to Send MS the error report, which I did. Both machines are running XP SP2 and I've download this program 3 times and have uninstalled/re-installed it at least 5 times without any success. Is this a Windows compatibility problem, or a Creator 9 problem? I just ordered a backup CD, hoping I'll have more success with the CD than I'm having with the download. I've followed similar threads on this forum and have purged the registry of all Sonic and Roxio entries, so I "think" I'm doing as clean an install as possible. Thanks for any help you can provide. - Dave

Dave

I have the same problem with buffer overrun detected message - I just downloaded the new program and hoping my backup will work or some one answers our mesage.

I am experiencing the same problem. Sometimes get the message "buffer overflow" and alsoThe instruction at “0x001aed29” referenced memory at “0x1798z800”. The memory could not be “written”. There are some suggestions in knowledge base for version 7.0 and 7.5, but nothing for version 9. :)

Guest ivanatrox

buffer overrun message while trying to launch Creator 9 Home?

Dave

I have the same problem with buffer overrun detected message - I just downloaded the new program and hoping my backup will work or some one answers our mesage.

I got the same problem (buffer overrun) - the program starts but after about 10 seconds I get the same message and the program is terminated.

I don't have IE 7 beta installed and I used regedit to erase all informations concerning "roxio" or "sonic".

Then I installed the downloaded file again, but there still is no change - I can not us the program.

I really hope, someone knows how to handle this.

Thanks for your help!

Bernie

I am curious. Do you have the IE 7 beta installed? That seems to be causing us some problems lately.

Yes, I do have IE7 Beta installed. Is there any solution other than reverting to IE6? Thanks. - Dave

Yes, I do have IE7 Beta installed. Is there any solution other than reverting to IE6? Thanks. - Dave

Unfortunately right now there isnt. When IE 7 is released as a final product we hope to be fully compatible.

I have the same problem. Everytime XP Pro boots, buffer overrun errors from Easy Creator 9. Also, there may be incompatability between Qwikquote 6.002, as this is a network program and now after the install of 9.x keeps bring up the windows installer, and it is trying to install Qwikquote (which is already installed on my computer). But the buffer over errors come up at every boot. I am not running IE 7. I use Firefox mostly. System is a P4, 2.8 ghz, 1 gb memory, running XP Pro. Ran the repair option under "add & remove" programs, same result, buffer over run errors at computer startup, don't have to start Roxio. Program seems to start okay, but I did not test a disk burn. The buffer overrun error is coming form Roxwatchtray9 DLL.

Edited by Sonny184

We have seen that in about 90% of the cases running all of the latest windows updates fixes the issue. Give that a try first.
Question. Are you saying you recommend applying all critical and recommended updates, or just critical ones?

Question. Are you saying you recommend applying all critical and recommended updates, or just critical ones?

It's probably only necessary to update the critical updates but looking at the Option Software updates, all of them are behind the scenes changes which are never bad to have. One optional update that caught my eye, Update for WMDRM-enabled Media Players (KB902344), might make a difference since this error seems to be related to Media Manager and Media Manager could be accessing files using WMDRM.

Also, have you guys tried disabling the Roxwatch processes in msconfig, if to nothing else stop the messages from coming up every time you turn on your computer?

Edited by Kevin J

We have seen that in about 90% of the cases running all of the latest windows updates fixes the issue. Give that a try first.

This machine has all of the MS updates applied. Of course we just went through "update Tuesday" and that update was applied today.

If, I turn off Roxwatch, in msconfig, will that disable any of the functionality of the Roxio suite?

My machine is completely updated, according to Windows Update.

After Easy Media Creator 9 seemed to install flawlessly, every time I start it, approx. a minute later, I get the following error message:

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

-------------------------------------------

Buffer overrun detected!

Program:...d\9.0\RoxioCentral33\Main\Roxio_Central33.exe

A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's internal state. The program cannot safely continue execution and must now be terminated."

Then, after closing that error message, I get this one:

"Runtime error!

R6025

- pure virtual function call."

When I click the OK box on that message, EMC9 closes.

Help?

After Easy Media Creator 9 seemed to install flawlessly, every time I start it, approx. a minute later, I get the following error message:

Buffer overrun detected!

A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's internal state. The program cannot safely continue execution and must now be terminated."

"Runtime error!

R6025

Help?

This is the exact same situation I have. I have all the updates and am not running IE 7. Easy Creator 7.5 and even 8 worked without a hitch but after I loaded on 9 I came up with the same Buffer Overrun error and the same process towards program termination. Any one have any suggestions?

This is the exact same situation I have. I have all the updates and am not running IE 7. Easy Creator 7.5 and even 8 worked without a hitch but after I loaded on 9 I came up with the same Buffer Overrun error and the same process towards program termination. Any one have any suggestions?

This was suggested by kevin in an earlier post, just wanna double check if Update for WMDRM-enabled Media Players from the custom update has indeed being installed?

also, try to disable all the startup programs from msconfig and see if that makes any difference.

Chun

It appears there's more than one cause of this program not working. Nevertheless, I want to thank the responders to my original question. Last night I uninstalled IE7, which reverted IE to version 6. Now, everything seems to work....there's no MS error messages, and no mention of a buffer overflow. In my case, it appears there's an incompatibility issue between Media Creator 9 and IE7. Hopefully, this will be resolved before MS automatically updates IE to version 7. Again, thanks and good luck. - Dave

Buffer overrun detected!

"Runtime error!

R6025

Help?

This is the problem I've been having. I don't have IE 7 installed, and Windows and all other drivers are completely up to date. I can get the program to work properly (or at least I don't get the error message) under my wife's user profile and one that I created just to test working with this program. The error message occurs only under my own user profile. All of the user profiles on my computer have Admin privileges. It seems that the program is corrupting the user profile to which it is downloaded/installed.

Buffer overrun detected!

"Runtime error!

R6025

Help?

If this was a downloaded update, it may be a corrupted file. Download again and see if it helps. If you have a bad connection, you may need to order the disks, if this was a download.

Edited by mesteele

If this was a downloaded update, it may be a corrupted file. Download again and see if it helps. If you have a bad connection, you may need to order the disks, if this was a download.

Nope. I installed EMC9 from a CD supplied by Roxio. Also, I do not have, or ever had, IE7 beta installed. I created a support ticket with Roxio Support and got an auto-response from them, saying to check their Knowledge Base, etc. and, if that did not help, "update your webticket with a detailed explanation..." I DID give a detailed explanation in my original request!

In googling "R6025", it is apparent that this is a program error, which we can do nothing to correct on our own. We have to wait for Roxio to produce an update to correct the bug in the program. Roxio, is anybody there?

Edited by SgtRich

Nope. I installed EMC9 from a CD supplied by Roxio. Also, I do not have, or ever had, IE7 beta installed. I created a support ticket with Roxio Support and got an auto-response from them, saying to check their Knowledge Base, etc. and, if that did not help, "update your webticket with a detailed explanation..." I DID give a detailed explanation in my original request!

In googling "R6025", it is apparent that this is a program error, which we can do nothing to correct on our own. We have to wait for Roxio to produce an update to correct the bug in the program. Roxio, is anybody there?

Has anyone found a solution to this yet? I've had two support tickets go unanswered since 18 and 20 September with Roxio Supoort. Anybody know how to get EMC9 to work as designed without crashing and closing itself?

Edited by SgtRich

Has anyone found a solution to this yet? I've had two support tickets go unanswered since 18 and 20 September with Roxio Supoort. Anybody know how to get EMC9 to work as designed without crashing and closing itself?

Tech support advised me to uninstall the program, and reinstall it under a different user profile. I did so, and the program works just fine under my wife's profile but when I try to access it from my own, I still get the error message.

So far, I've only used the program to watch DVDs and to back up files. I've not had a problem accessing Cineplayer or Backup MyPC from the start-programs button, but I can't say with certainty that all of the suite's functions will work without error that way.

I have experienced the buffer overrund issue. The message I received is Error Message R 6025 Pure virtual function call. The Buffer Overrun detected message crashes the program entirely. I am running IE7. Anyone have any solutions to this?

I have experienced the buffer overrund issue. The message I received is Error Message R 6025 Pure virtual function call. The Buffer Overrun detected message crashes the program entirely. I am running IE7. Anyone have any solutions to this?

Try what was suggested on the first page of this thread. :)