John J Hennessy

Xp To Windows 7 - Missing Data Files

Question

I have been running Roxio MyDVD 2010 with great success in XP. The recent transfer of original Roxio Download Files + updates and SP2 to a Windows 7 Laptop, will not allow transfer of Roxio Projects From XP because the following attached file cannot be transferred - :Roxio EMC Stream:$DATA. The file cannot be found on the Windows 'Search' function. Can anyone assist me, please?

9 answers to this question

I have been running Roxio MyDVD 2010 with great success in XP. The recent transfer of original Roxio Download Files + updates and SP2 to a Windows 7 Laptop, will not allow transfer of Roxio Projects From XP because the following attached file cannot be transferred - :Roxio EMC Stream:$DATA. The file cannot be found on the Windows 'Search' function. Can anyone assist me, please?

Did you install C2010 on the windows 7 laptop?

Or just transferred files?

"Roxio EMC Stream:$DATA", EMC refers to a earlier version Easy Media Creator.

• Like 1

Greetings, cdanteek! Thanks for your 'warp speed' reply. I originally purchased MyDVD by online downloads, so I have never had original DVD software. The data downloads (3 packets) were originally saved in 'My Downloads' before running and installing in XP; then most recently transferred from XP 'My Downloads' by 'jump stick' to Windows 7 "My Downloads' then run and installed and updated with SP2. Appreciate the explanation of EMC. Any solutions? Warm regards, John H

C2010 runs and works on both platforms, but will not allow transfer of old projects from XP to Windows 7. It will not attach the EMC data file. Consequently, it will not open in the Windows 7 environment. JH

C2010 runs and works on both platforms, but will not allow transfer of old projects from XP to Windows 7. It will not attach the EMC data file. Consequently, it will not open in the Windows 7 environment. JH

Always finish projects in the Operating System and Roxio Version before changing Operating System and Roxio Version.

Compatibility has always been a problem.

Do a search in these forums (as well as a google search) on "Roxio EMC Stream:$DATA". It may be you have RoxWatch enabled which adds extra data to media files and this data cannot be "copied"

In the meantime here is a link that might help

Thanks, myguggi! Reply much appreciated. Your link explains it all very well. Topic solved. john H

Did it resolve your problem? What did you do?