File Types Burni

k8ger

Question

Hello:

I am currently using Roxio Creator 9 Suite... Vista... Had no problems over the years... Now with a new camera that puts out 'MP4' the Roxio Creator 9 Suite will not import them. I have always use 'MP3'... Worked fine. I now want to mix BOTH file types.... Will the new Roxio Creator NXT allow me to import both file type 'MP3 and 'MP4' file type and burn a DVD.... Thank You... Gerry

3 answers to this question

Hello:

I am currently using Roxio Creator 9 Suite... Vista... Had no problems over the years... Now with a new camera that puts out 'MP4' the Roxio Creator 9 Suite will not import them. I have always use 'MP3'... Worked fine. I now want to mix BOTH file types.... Will the new Roxio Creator NXT allow me to import both file type 'MP3 and 'MP4' file type and burn a DVD.... Thank You... Gerry

I am not sure what you are doing but mp3 and mp4 are completely different media file types. mp4 is video and mp3 is audio.

Before you spend any money for upgrades, download a free video converter. There are many listed at cnet.com. You can change the mp4 files to mpg(2).

It is a whole 'nuther matter if you want to do high definition 1920 by 1080 or 720 (around there) or widescreen (16 by 9). Or if you want to make high definition AVCHD discs or eventually go on to blu ray.