• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Missing Audio - Split

Seth T

Question

I also am having difficulty making a dvd with sound. The DVD I create plays the video just fine but no audio. I am using Roxio's Easy VHS to DVD 3 sofware. However, for this project I am not importing from VHS but I am importing an .mpg file that I know plays correctly with sound because I can play it with my computer's media player. Even before I attempt to burn the DVD, on the preview window where you can add and edit the media files, it plays the video but no sound. I can't seem to find any settings in the sofware to help. I have tried editing my computer's sound settings but can't seem to figure anything out. Again, I know the .mpg file is OK because I can play it on my computer no problems, I just can't seem to convert it to DVD with sound.

5 answers to this question

I also am having difficulty making a dvd with sound. The DVD I create plays the video just fine but no audio. I am using Roxio's Easy VHS to DVD 3 sofware. However, for this project I am not importing from VHS but I am importing an .mpg file that I know plays correctly with sound because I can play it with my computer's media player. Even before I attempt to burn the DVD, on the preview window where you can add and edit the media files, it plays the video but no sound. I can't seem to find any settings in the sofware to help. I have tried editing my computer's sound settings but can't seem to figure anything out. Again, I know the .mpg file is OK because I can play it on my computer no problems, I just can't seem to convert it to DVD with sound.

Where did you get the mpg file? Is it a HiDef file?

Thanks for the help. I created the .mpg file through some other software called Cucu Soft. The original file was a mp4 file converted to mpg. I guess I'm not sure what classifies as HiDef. Video attributes: Resolution is 720x480, Data Rate is 9000kbps, Total bitrate is 9448kbps and Frame rate is 29fps. Audio is Bit rate 448kbps, Channels 2 and Audio Sample rate is 48 kHz. I don't know how to tell what type of audio it is. I'm not getting an error of any type and didn't realize there wasn't any sound until I played the DVD in my DVD player. I guess i can use a different DVD burner but it would be nice if I could use the software for both VHS/video capture and burning to DVD.

Edited by Seth T

Thanks for the help. I created the .mpg file through some other software called Cucu Soft. The original file was a mp4 file converted to mpg. I guess I'm not sure what classifies as HiDef. Video attributes: Resolution is 720x480, Data Rate is 9000kbps, Total bitrate is 9448kbps and Frame rate is 29fps. Audio is Bit rate 448kbps, Channels 2 and Audio Sample rate is 48 kHz. I don't know how to tell what type of audio it is. I'm not getting an error of any type and didn't realize there wasn't any sound until I played the DVD in my DVD player. I guess i can use a different DVD burner but it would be nice if I could use the software for both VHS/video capture and burning to DVD.

You made it a standard def file with the Cucu Soft conversion.

Well it would appear that it is the conversion that is the issue...

Try a short using one of the WMV Sample files on you PC but use the same settings as you did with your mp4 file.

Put both, Windows Sample and Converted, into a new EVD3 Project and see if they play???

Also try the mp4 again but reduce the Audio to 128kbps...