• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Third Party Purchase Of Toast 11

MacLurker

Question

I am thinking of buying a used copy of Toast 11. The original owner passed away recently and they are selling off all his computer assets. His machines have all been wiped and re-sold. So I'm pretty sure there is no installed copy of this version anywhere. By the same token, any original purchase information has also been lost. Also no one seems to know if the software was ever registered or not. And it is impossible to get in touch with Roxio Technical Support directly by any means. So no help from the manufacturer.

The software is on disks in its original box. So I'm assuming that should be enough to install it.

Can I simply install Toast 11, using the product ID info included in the box? Does anyone know?

Thanks,

2 answers to this question

It should work but instead of installing the software on the disc go to Roxio Software Updates page and download that Toast 11.1 update. It has everything that is on the disc. The installer on some of the discs didn't work right. Roxio does block registration keys they believe are being shared. But my sense is this one will be okay since it was possibly registered once.