joeshrimp11

My .wav Files Recorded In Audacity Are Being Cut Short

Question

So a friend and I recorded a gameplay video using the Roxio HD Pro and commentary with Audacity. When I went to start editing, I exported the Audacity file to a .wav file. Then, when I added it the gameplay on Videowave, the audio recording was cut short by about six minutes. Does anyone know of a way to remedy this?

6 answers to this question

So a friend and I just recorded gameplay using the HD Pro, and commentary using Audacity. After recording, I exported the file to .wav format. When I went to edit the recording, the audio file was cut short by six minutes. Does anyone know of a way to remedy this?

So a friend and I just recorded gameplay using the HD Pro, and commentary using Audacity. After recording, I exported the file to .wav format. When I went to edit the recording, the audio file was cut short by six minutes. Does anyone know of a way to remedy this?

This is an issue if the audio file is longer than the video file as seen here :

VW.jpg

(Take note the audio commentary is 20 minutes long)

My way of fixing this is by inserting a color panel and stretching it until the audio is maxed out

2.jpg

Once that's done you will need to sync your gameplay with the commentary so that's up to you. Find the point in the gameplay when your commentary is said then match it together. Then cut off the unnecessary parts.

Hope I helped ^_^

You can also add one at the start to give you an area to move the Audio "forward", if needed to bring it into sync ;)

I also recommend all of this be done on the Internal Track of the video. (assumes One contiguous file)