Vhs2Dvd 3 Problem: No Video Signal (Split From Hijacked Thread)

Robyn55

Question

I have just upgraded to VHS to DVD 3 PLUS today. With the older version I would sometimes get the "No Video Signal" message but the program would eventually work. Now since the upgrade I haven't been able to sucessfully obtain a signal. I've tried two different VCR players, thinking one might not be working any more. This is very frustrating.

Edit: The VCR works fine on the TV but the computer doesn't seem to recognise it. Does that mean I need a new cable?

Edited by Robyn55

5 answers to this question

The "upgrade" was just the Software Download, correct???

Look in your Device Manager with the Roxio USB Device unplugged from your computer. (Win-Pause - upper left corner of the pop up screen)

Expand 'Sound video and game controllers' then plug in the Device.

It should look like one of these (Win7):

post-39730-0-57492600-1376739051_thumb.jpg

Is that what you have???

You butt into a 5 month old Topic instead of starting a new one :huh:

Go into your Device Manager and DELETE both Roxio entries.

Then follow the procedure for a proper repair:

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Unplug your Roxio Capture Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

Normally a driver will never get corrupted... Keep an eye on that and post back if it happens again ;)

You butt into a 5 month old Topic instead of starting a new one :huh:

Go into your Device Manager and DELETE both Roxio entries.

Then follow the procedure for a proper repair:

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Unplug your Roxio Capture Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

Normally a driver will never get corrupted... Keep an eye on that and post back if it happens again ;)

my apologies .....i have done the procedure you have asked, but still getting exclamation mark on one of the 2 in device manager. message is as below....any help would be GREAT, this is new out the box

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)