• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Henry Grr

Merging 2 Or More Video_Ts Folders And Keep The Subtitles In The Final Image

Question

I've recently started using Toast 11 and found out that I can merge two or more video_ts folders with a nice menu, which is great! There's one thing that isn't so great about it: the subtitles included in the vob-files aren't included in the final image...

Is it a bug, a feature or something that will be included in the future?

I know I can create a copy of the movie with hardcoded subs, but that's an option I don't prefer.

Edited by Henry Grr

3 answers to this question

I'm surprised they aren't included. I don't have anything at hand to test. When you click the Options... button at the bottom of the Toast window can the subtitles be selected in the window that appears?

Thanks for your time, tsantee. It wasn't either a bug nor a feature, it's already included.

When I made my compilation disc I used just the VIDEO_TS option in the Video section, which seems quite obvious to me. This time I selected VIDEO_TS Compilation, checked the settings for both movies and it indicated: subtitles. When I checked the finished image, both movies still had their subs. Thanks again. Next problem: this way there's no menu... (but that isn't the biggest problem when you don't understand japanese and really need the subtitles :-) )

Thanks for your time, tsantee. It wasn't either a bug nor a feature, it's already included.

When I made my compilation disc I used just the VIDEO_TS option in the Video section, which seems quite obvious to me. This time I selected VIDEO_TS Compilation, checked the settings for both movies and it indicated: subtitles. When I checked the finished image, both movies still had their subs. Thanks again. Next problem: this way there's no menu... (but that isn't the biggest problem when you don't understand japanese and really need the subtitles :-) )

You can have a menu if you use Toast to create an entirely new VIDEO_TS folder. Put a source VIDEO_TS folder on the desktop and put the other in the Movies folder. Launch Toast and choose DVD video as the format in the Toast Video window. Now go to the Toast Media Browser and click the Video tab. There you'll see DVD as an option select that and you'll see the content of your two VIDEO_TS folders. You can drag titles (or chapters but that's not what you want) from the browser to the main window. After a brief delay another window opens that lets you trim the video and make some other selections before adding it to the main window. I believe the subtitles come along, too. When you're done you can prepare the menu the way you want. When you click the burn button (or choose Save as Disc Image) Toast should report it is "Multiplexing" and not "Encoding" the video. If it says it is "Encoding" stop the process and go to the Toast Custom Encoder Settings window and put a check mark next to Never Re-encode.

Toast also should automatically retain chapter markers that exist in the source videos.