• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No Video Signal

Reeba86

Question

I purchased the Easy VHS to DVD3 plus nearly two weeks ago. I've had numerous challenges with the software, and looking through the posts here, it appears that many other people have had similar problems. The most consistent problem is receiving the "no video signal" once everything has hooked up. I've followed all the directions, I've "repaired" numerous times, "uninstalled" and re-installed the program 7-8 times (shutting off the firewall first). I have been able to transfer 25 vhs videos to dvd, but still have many more to go. Usually, I can transfer 2-3 videos before the program loses its' signal and I have to repair or re-install yet again. But this time, fearing that I am too near the max for reinstalls, I've only repaired it (4 x so far), all to no avail. Any ideas you can suggest would be greatly appreciated. I am running Windows Vista 2007 . Thanks.

14 answers to this question

I purchased the Easy VHS to DVD3 plus nearly two weeks ago. I've had numerous challenges with the software, and looking through the posts here, it appears that many other people have had similar problems. The most consistent problem is receiving the "no video signal" once everything has hooked up. I've followed all the directions, I've "repaired" numerous times, "uninstalled" and re-installed the program 7-8 times (shutting off the firewall first). I have been able to transfer 25 vhs videos to dvd, but still have many more to go. Usually, I can transfer 2-3 videos before the program loses its' signal and I have to repair or re-install yet again. But this time, fearing that I am too near the max for reinstalls, I've only repaired it (4 x so far), all to no avail. Any ideas you can suggest would be greatly appreciated. I am running Windows Vista 2007 . Thanks.

You have done 25 VHS tapes so that means that there is nothing wrong with the program and you have to look elsewhere for the problem you are having. One source of course is the quality of the signale from your VHS tape. If the signal is too "low" the program assumes that is has encountered a blank space and stops and give the message "no signal". Another source may be a registry cleaner running which corrupts your system and you have to re-install.

ok... So I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program. Now it's picking up a signal--for who knows how long-- but now it says "No Drive Detected." The "no signal" and "no drive detected" responses are causing most of the trials I am having working w/this program. Is there a chance that having a 6 ft. long s-cable could be causing the signal issue? Thanks in advance.

The cable is not excessive, however if you have another or an RCA connection you could try when you hit the 'No Signal' problem it would really help identify or eliminate that possibility ;)

Are the wires stable? Wires pulled tight or swaying can cause connection issue that produce 'No Signal' errors...

Are you using a laptop? Laps tend to overheat causing all sorts of issues...

This new one you mentioned, "No Drive Detected", when are you seeing this???

We always recommend you use Record, Import, Edit and do your burning separately ^_^

The wires are stable, and I'm using a desktop. I see the "no drive selected" message once I click on "Record DVD." As of right now, I have no signal, and no drive detected. I've reloaded the software, tried to repair it, but now the program is not even recognizing the disk as the one needed to make repairs. . . Do you have any other suggestions? This is oh-so-frustrating! Thanks in advance!

I have tried another PC and it works fine there; however, there is no CD write program on that PC (otherwise my problem would be solved!). I mentioned way back that I'd successfully recorded from 25 vhs tapes, but the entire time of using the Roxio Esay Easy VHS to DVD3 Plus, it has been "stop and go." I am able to record 2-3 videos, then it loses the signal, or there's no drive detected, or there's no picture, or everything at once. Now what? . . . How would making a copy of the Roxio disc help on this computer? Thanks again.

We always recommend you use Record, Import, Edit and do your burning separately ^_^

I must have missed this part. . . "do your burn separately." How do I do that? ... Also, even using the "Record, Import, and Edit" method, my PC still says "No drive detected." Ideas? Thanks.