• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

MattR0715

Can Capture In Hdmi, But Not Component.

Question

Hi, I was trying to record PS3 gameplay and all of a sudden my capture card no longer gets a signal from component. But if I was to use HDMI on my Wii U, everything records perfectly. I have also tested a Wii component cable out on my capture card and I cannot record off that as well.. I have used my capture card previously to capture both PS3 and Wii gameplay in component and I have checked multiple times to make sure everything is plugged in correctly... I cannot find out what is going wrong for me.

So, right now I'm just stuck with a capture card that can record only HDMI...

All help will be appericated.

16 answers to this question

Jeez, I don't have any of these but if I understand it right, it is your PS3 cable that is the prime suspect here <_<

post-39730-0-88847100-1376827682_thumb.jpg

The only test it to try it hooked up to a TV or Monitor and see how it performs.

OR replace it and many of our users here swear by the Sony cable as opposed to cheaper ones... ;)

Jeez, I don't have any of these but if I understand it right, it is your PS3 cable that is the prime suspect here <_<

The only test it to try it hooked up to a TV or Monitor and see how it performs.

OR replace it and many of our users here swear by the Sony cable as opposed to cheaper ones... ;)

But Jim, that's a composite cable... o_o

But Jim, that's a composite cable... o_o

Yes???

Point is that it uses a specific connection on one end ~ but I do need to grab a better picture ;)

I have picture if I hook it up directly to the TV. I also get picture while it is hooked up to my capture card, but the software does not get a signal through anything connect through componet..

Then you really need to provide ALL of the details of your setup and a screen cap of your RGC Software.

It almost seem like your PS 3 settings are out of range.

clearly the RGC Device and Software is working or the Pass Through would not work! That is why I am leaning toward your PS 3 ;)

Also if you have any other Component Source, that would be a really good test!

Then you really need to provide ALL of the details of your setup and a screen cap of your RGC Software.

It almost seem like your PS 3 settings are out of range.

clearly the RGC Device and Software is working or the Pass Through would not work! That is why I am leaning toward your PS 3 ;)

Also if you have any other Component Source, that would be a really good test!

I have tried this in a Wii, same results. And hopefully the 3 pictures I've uploaded help.

post-111068-0-92592700-1377116199_thumb.jpgpost-111068-0-71903700-1377116204_thumb.pngpost-111068-0-55289800-1377116385_thumb.jpg

i know this may be abit off topic but does anyone know how to help me? i bought a roxio gamecap pro to capture HD ps3 footage and upload it to youtube but i cannot capture because A) HDMI doesnt work on ps3 and B) i dont have the RGB connectors on my tv. does anyone know a way i can fix this by not buying a new tv,post links to a RGB adapter that works?? Big thanks

Its hard to recommend a adapter/converter, when you have not told us what type of connections are on your TV.

:huh:

i know this may be abit off topic but does anyone know how to help me? i bought a roxio gamecap pro to capture HD ps3 footage and upload it to youtube but i cannot capture because A) HDMI doesnt work on ps3 and B) i dont have the RGB connectors on my tv. does anyone know a way i can fix this by not buying a new tv,post links to a RGB adapter that works?? Big thanks

You can use component cables as input and HDMI as the output ;)

• Like 1

So from what I understand is you have pictures on your tv but not on your preview screen in the RGC software?

Look at the dates...

No one has posted in almost a month!

I am having the exact same problem. I have not found a solution either. I just bought it.....works fine with HDMI, but use component on WiiU, Xbox360 or PS3 and I get the exact same problem as the OP. I've done all the other suggestions on here (Discovery Center) and I am at a complete loss. I've done the repair, the uninstall/reinstall (several times), removed every trace of a Roxio product and started with a new user and installed again the RGCHDP, changed the device to "automatic" (as stated in the pinned section)....nothing. I just want it to work.....is the GC it self broke? Cables are not the issue, when plugged in direct to the tv they work. Settings on the systems were changed to accomodate the component cables too. Any other fixes will need to be spelled out for me (sorry).

Hopefully someone has figured it out by now

Thanks in advance for the help :)

redsypher: The ONLY real test is to hook up the RGC to ANOTHER Component Source, such as a DVD or BD Player...

While it is remotely possible that an RGC Device might have faulty Component Input... You are getting in the 1 in 10000 range!

Far more likely something in the setup BEFORE it reaches the RGC -_-

Thank you for the suggestion!

I tried a dvd player and the same thing occured. This time it started jumping back and forth between component and hdmi, still no signal. For good measure I tried agan the PS3, WiiU and 360. PS3 would not work and this time it went back and forth like the DVD player. I closed it, tried again and this time it stayed on component with the red no signal. Same results with the WiiU and the 360, even tried my original Xbox. All are OEM component cables from the manufacturer. I've even tried all four of my USB ports, nothing changed there either.

Once again, thanks for the help.