Mpg File Can't Be Added

Joe Lawrence

Question

Strange happenings. I started creating a new production today using NXT PRO and when I tried to add an mpg video, I got a message pop up saying the video couldn't be edited and it wasn't added to the production. Interestingly, I went back to my laptop where I had left my old version of 12 pro before I upgraded my desktop to NXT PRO, and I had no problem adding the same file there. I have tried over and over to add the file using NXT PRO, but keep getting the same message. If I convert the file to a wmv, it works fine. Please help.

• Answers 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The movie files came from my Panasonic Digicam in avchd format, and using the advanced video editing program (videowave) of the nxt suite of programs. As I said, I've never had a problem editing the avchd files, and my retained copy of 12 works with them just fine. But my upgrade to NXT does not. Should I stop upgrading, then? Or is there a solution?

00:30 length.....1920 frame width.....1080frame height.....17061kbps data rate.....17317kbps total bitrate.....20 fps frame rate.....256kbps audio bitrate......2 stereo channels.....48khz audio sample rate.....avchd video.....62.3 MB size...............................---------------------- works with 12 but not with NXT

Why 20 frames per second? What model? Is it another digital camera trying to act as a camcorder? I have no ideal why it won't work but I bet if you use a third party video converter (free one) and convert it to AVCHD or HD mpg2, it will work.

Edited by sknis

I appreciate you taking the time to review the question and respond, but I wonder.... are you part of Roxio/Corel, and if so, why should I have to go to the trouble of converting 49 videos when the previous version of the program has no problem with the files? Seems to me that there is a bug in the new program and someone should be working on THAT. I've been a Roxio customer for years and have upgraded many times. ---------- It is a Panasonic Lumix gmc fz200 and it works great for pics and videos for travelers who only want to lug around one cam. I'll have to check the settings to see about the 20fps, but I don't have the answer at this point. Why would the upgraded program not accept what the previous version would accept? But mainly, I'm looking for a fix so I can use the newer program that I paid for. Thanks again for responding and I hope you or others can offer a suggestion besides converting all the videos before I even get them into Roxio.

I appreciate you taking the time to review the question and respond, but I wonder.... are you part of Roxio/Corel, and if so, why should I have to go to the trouble of converting 49 videos when the previous version of the program has no problem with the files? Seems to me that there is a bug in the new program and someone should be working on THAT. I've been a Roxio customer for years and have upgraded many times. ---------- It is a Panasonic Lumix gmc fz200 and it works great for pics and videos for travelers who only want to lug around one cam. I'll have to check the settings to see about the 20fps, but I don't have the answer at this point. Why would the upgraded program not accept what the previous version would accept? But mainly, I'm looking for a fix so I can use the newer program that I paid for. Thanks again for responding and I hope you or others can offer a suggestion besides converting all the videos before I even get them into Roxio.

None of us here work for Corel/Roxio. We don't know why you are having problems with your videos in NXT when those same videos worked in C2012.

Could you upload a short 30sec sample of a video to a free web hosting site such as www.4shared.com a www.u4down.com. We could take a look at it and see if we experience the same problem

Why would the upgraded program not accept what the previous version would accept? But mainly, I'm looking for a fix so I can use the newer program that I paid for.

NXT is just the latest offering from Roxio rather than an upgrade, and in fact seems to have fewer abilities than Creator 2012.

It would be very good if you can document things that you've discovered that NXT can't do whereas Creator 2012 can, so that Roxio can be asked for an explanation.

00:30 length.....1920 frame width.....1080frame height.....17061kbps data rate.....17317kbps total bitrate.....20 fps frame rate.....256kbps audio bitrate......2 stereo channels.....48khz audio sample rate.....avchd video.....62.3 MB size...............................---------------------- works with 12 but not with NXT

As Steve pointed out, the 20 fps is really an oddball frame rate... 25 would be 'normal' for HD movies.

HOWEVER that alone should not be an issue!

How about taking a 5 second clip and putting on a file sharing service like. UpForDown and we can download it and play around with it.

While not unheard of, a file that worked in the last version, I would expect to work in this one!

So where to now. I just one of the recommended sites to upload a clip. Sorry if it turned out bad. Still trying to get help on this issue. Recommendations welcome.

There is nothing wrong with the 4shared site just because one or 2 posters are biased. The up4down site works but is a lot slower.

There is nothing wrong with the 4shared site just because one or 2 posters are biased. The up4down site works but is a lot slower.

I've clicked every download on the site and all I get is a .exe file!

Can you download the OP's file?

Edited by cdanteek

I've clicked every download on the site and ll I get is a .exe file!

Can you download the OP's file?

Yes, I downloaded the file but then I had registered there a couple of years ago. That to me is the only drawback about the site. The ads are not much worse then on other download sites.

Duh. Forgot to post the link. When I went back to my "upload" page, then I saw that it didn't upload because the file was a little too big. Found a smaller file ................ a new piece of the puzzle revealed: it wouldn't upload an MTS file! I looked at the movie folder in explorer and saw that they are all listed as MTS, but NXT views them as mpeg files. I'm thoroughly confused now. I can only hope that you guys, who I know, know far, far more than me about video, can help me through this.

Duh. Forgot to post the link. When I went back to my "upload" page, then I saw that it didn't upload because the file was a little too big. Found a smaller file ................ a new piece of the puzzle revealed: it wouldn't upload an MTS file! I looked at the movie folder in explorer and saw that they are all listed as MTS, but NXT views them as mpeg files. I'm thoroughly confused now. I can only hope that you guys, who I know, know far, far more than me about video, can help me through this.

You can upload a mts file on "up4down". After downloading your mts file from 4shared I uploaded it to up4down. You have to be registered to upload files >60mb. (I hope you don't mind))

Here is the link for your file: 00000.mts Perhaps the other posters can use this link. Unfortunately I can't test the file in NXT since I don't have that version installed. I am still running C2012 which is a much superior program. Many of us consider NXT a downgrade!

Edited by myguggi