• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Question

I just loaded a video from my camera on my computer. Pulled it up in Video Wave and there is no sound. I can go to the video file and play any of the scenes. Reinstalled and it still won't play in video wave. I have a new laptop and Roxio NXT works just fine there. So what is the problem?

3 answers to this question

I just loaded a video from my camera on my computer. Pulled it up in Video Wave and there is no sound. I can go to the video file and play any of the scenes. Reinstalled and it still won't play in video wave. I have a new laptop and Roxio NXT works just fine there. So what is the problem?

What format is the video file (from a camcorder or digital camera)?

What is make/model of camera? Certain cameras create video files that are not compatible with Roxio as well as other video editors

Roxio has not been updated to work in Windows 8 Pro. I have Roxio NXT Pro 2012. When I captured my video from my Sony HD Camcorder on my hard drive and pulled it up in Video Wave there was no sound. The sound was there if you ask to edit a clip and I could get sound by going to the folder I put the video capture in. The way I found to fix it was from another person that was having trouble not quite like mine but close enough to give it a try. I downloaded and purchased "Any Video Converter Pro". It cost me $19.99. Then I pulled my video into the program and output it to Mpeg2. Lo and behold it worked like a champ. So now I can continue editing and complete my Video Project. I wouldn't have cared but this was for a Childrens Concert and I didn't have time to learn a new software. I also purchased Cyberlink Power Director 11 64 bit. Roxio used to be good until Corel purchased it. Now you can't get support like you used to. They haven't done much updating to Roxio in a long time. I have suggested in their fonts when you are doing title's that you be able to see what the fonts look like and of course they couldn't do that. Maybe they don't have people smart enough to figure it out. I am disgusted with their Customer Service and Support. I think they need to get out of the video software business. Corel will tell you their Video Product is better than Roxio and Corel purchased Roxio. So even the people that purchased them doesn't think they are very good.

Uh, you have either Creator 2012 Pro which is not supposed to be W8 compatible or you have Creator NXT Pro which is compatible. I know it doesn't matter now but which one do you really have?

You could have used the free version of "any..." ; it works well and I use it all the time for those mov type files.

Thanks for your opinion; you should voice it directly to Roxio/Corel. Since you have a solution. should we close this thread?

In your first post, you siad that you captured the video. If that is a memory type camcorder, then all you have to do is COPY the video to your computer. This is true for any video editing program. The only need to use capture is from tapes - either VHS or digital tape.

Edited by sknis