Copy Or See Text From Internal Tracks

mrbleedoth

Question

I have the backwards compatibility issue with text in internal tracks. I don't have the time or desire to go back to an old version. The text is still there in the internal tracks and all I want to do is copy the text or see what I put in there. Is there anyway to copy the content of the text from the internal track? I can only see part of it but not all. I don't mind recreating the text in the new version just need to see what I put in there. Its been 4 years since I created the video and can't remember what I put in there. Not the end of the world just would like a way to use what already done.

3 answers to this question

I have the backwards compatibility issue with text in internal tracks. I don't have the time or desire to go back to an old version. The text is still there in the internal tracks and all I want to do is copy the text or see what I put in there. Is there anyway to copy the content of the text from the internal track? I can only see part of it but not all. I don't mind recreating the text in the new version just need to see what I put in there. Its been 4 years since I created the video and can't remember what I put in there. Not the end of the world just would like a way to use what already done.

If you burned the production, from the old version, to a DVD, you could watch the DVD to see what the text is.

How do you know that the text is still in the internal track? Can you actually load the production in NXT? If so, click on the internal text track, and see if you can copy the text.

Edited by grandpabruce

I can see the text as part of the internal track but its none functional. I read in the forum that its not backward compatible, I'm ok with that just want to recover some of the text. I think I did burn the production to a DVD a couple years ago. I will track that down and copy the text from that. Thanks for the suggestion.,

I can see the text as part of the internal track but its none functional. I read in the forum that its not backward compatible, I'm ok with that just want to recover some of the text. I think I did burn the production to a DVD a couple years ago. I will track that down and copy the text from that. Thanks for the suggestion.,

Good luck to you. Let us know how you fare.