Software Not Activated- Split From Dead Thread

JEDM

Question

This is likely a very moot point by now, but I wanted share my own story about this. I purchased this product from Wal-Mart sometime before Nov. 2012, and (aside from some lagging and the screen locking up) it has worked to perfection. Today, I re-installed my operating system for the first time since Spring, and for the first time, this error popped up. This is some sort of problem on Roxio's side, and from what I've read, there haven't been that many good results.

I have tried re-typing the product key, and moving the file from the disc to my hard drive, but nothing works. I'll soon be looking for another type of capture software unless Roxio fixes its issues.

If there is a fix that I have missed, please pass it along.

Thank you.

6 answers to this question

Well that is very odd???

I always assumed it was a one time deal at the point of sale.

I would be happy to make sure Roxio gets this but I need you to confirm a couple of things first:

This is EVD 3 or EVD 3 Plus? (which one?)

When you finish typing in the "Product Key" during install, THIS is what you are seeing?

post-39730-0-26024300-1377000332_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the questions but with 'mee too' like yours it in the majority of cases the issue is Not the Same :huh:

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Product: Roxio Easy VHS to DVD 3

Purchased from Wal-Mart: Sometime after June 2012; after I bought my new (at the time) computer

Yes, that is the same error that I have. The CD Key is correct since I have it registered on this website.

??? perplexed :wacko:

The screen I showed, as far as I know, is a "test" based strictly on your disc and what you typed in. And has nothing to do with activation in that it is not going out to Roxio's Servers and checking...

TRY doing a Copy and Paste from the web site registered key to that box during install...

Anyone else see something I am overlooking here???

When you do a copy and paste, make sure you don't get any extraneous blank spaces.

Look at the disc; what program does it list? Do you have any other Roxio products? Did the install (up to the point where it asked for the key) go OK?

The copy from the registered products page didn't work, and there were no extraneous spaces.The disc says "Roxio Easy VHS too DVD 3", and the install process was fine until the part where I need to put in the product key. This is the only Roxio product that I own.