• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Sound Editor - Flattening

Sylv

Question

Hi out there. Wondering if anyone can help me with an issue I have with Sound Editor. I am trying to flatten a song I have edited and a small window comes up with:

There is not enough space in your destination

Space required: 27.7MB

Space available: 0 Bytes

Do you want to retry?

Appreciate anyone that can help.

Thanks

Sylvia

12 answers to this question

Hi out there. Wondering if anyone can help me with an issue I have with Sound Editor. I am trying to flatten a song I have edited and a small window comes up with:

There is not enough space in your destination

Space required: 27.7MB

Space available: 0 Bytes

Do you want to retry?

Appreciate anyone that can help.

Thanks

Sylvia

Full name of the Roxio software your using?

What is flatten a song?

What is the destination?

Do you have space?

Thank you so much for helping. I figured it out. My temp folder was full so I used my D drive to save the flattened song and it worked.

Flattened means when you have finished editing the song it takes all the edits and places them into the song and makes a new file.

I have a new problem now : )

I am trying to cut out the middle eight of a song but when I join the other two pieces of the song together I get an awful cut and you can really hear where the song has been cut. Wondering if you know how to fix this?

Thanks again, appreciate your help.

Sylvia

Thank you so much for helping. I figured it out. My temp folder was full so I used my D drive to save the flattened song and it worked.

Flattened means when you have finished editing the song it takes all the edits and places them into the song and makes a new file.

I have a new problem now : )

I am trying to cut out the middle eight of a song but when I join the other two pieces of the song together I get an awful cut and you can really hear where the song has been cut. Wondering if you know how to fix this?

Thanks again, appreciate your help.

Sylvia

Excuse me!

Full name of the Roxio software your using?

Sorry, it's quite hard to explain : )

I am editing a song and taking out the middle part as it's just the band playing. The song is 3 minutes long and I want to make it 1 1/2 mins.

After I take that part out, I tried to put the two other parts together and I hear like a crack noise. You can really hear where the join has been made. Just wondering if there is any way of smoothing that out etc.

Thanks again for your help, appreciate it.

Sylvia

Sorry, it's quite hard to explain : )

I am editing a song and taking out the middle part as it's just the band playing. The song is 3 minutes long and I want to make it 1 1/2 mins.

After I take that part out, I tried to put the two other parts together and I hear like a crack noise. You can really hear where the join has been made. Just wondering if there is any way of smoothing that out etc.

Thanks again for your help, appreciate it.

Sylvia

Have you tried all options fading, joining two clips, and such?

post-97-0-43471200-1377267303_thumb.jpg

post-97-0-19037300-1377267304_thumb.jpg

Hi again,

Yes, I have tried joining the two clips together but I can still hear where the join was made, it's not a clean join. I tried then fading in and out but it kept taking away too much of the song. I tried cleaning the audio file. I also tried putting in a sound effect and lowing the sound a bit where the join was but that didn't really make a difference.

Such a shame. If you happen to work it out I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again for all the info.

Sylvia

Hi again,

Yes, I have tried joining the two clips together but I can still hear where the join was made, it's not a clean join. I tried then fading in and out but it kept taking away too much of the song. I tried cleaning the audio file. I also tried putting in a sound effect and lowing the sound a bit where the join was but that didn't really make a difference.

Such a shame. If you happen to work it out I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again for all the info.

Sylvia

Don't cut out so much and fade more.

I can't work it out for you I don't have the files.

Spread out the timeline (zoom in) make your cuts where there are natural pauses or where there are no or very little changes in volume and especially pitch. You cannot have a good split where the last note is a low note and the next note is a high note. There must be some ramp from one ot the other. (From experience).

Yes, you'll have to zoom way in and find a "downbeat" on both parts, at the end of the first clip, and at the beginning of the second. Now, hopefully you can find a spot very near that downbeat (or beat 2, or 3... whatever, just so it's the same on both clips) where the signal on both channels crosses the "zero" point. That's where you want to splice it, and the signal should be going the same direction on both clips. If you clip as the signal is coming up to zero at the end of the first track, you want to start where it's going up from zero on the second clip, so that the signal proceeds more-or-less smoothly.

Hope that makes sense.