Mr.sam

Creator 2012 Comes With A Attitude!

Question

After much research i bought Roxio because they had all that i was looking for in video creation. But soon after buying it i discovered nothing worked and the lame 14 pdf's that came wiith it, say nothing on how to troubleshoot the problems. they are about working with green screens and other more technical data. All i want is how to open and edit a movie in creator 2012. with all the people who work at corela nd roxio not one of them could make this happen.

The lame art is roxio downloads with DivX veiwer which goes into your computer and takes over. well after many questions i found found roxio does not support DivX. Wow, there some serious intellegence for you. selll a program that doesn't work with thier product.

then it comes to converting before you edit. Roxio doesn't reckonise Realplayer videos either so you got to buy another program to convert the vidos to what works on roxio in order to do what you wish. And does any of the 14 lame pdfs tell what to convert them too inorder to edit them?

then in orer to do any editing in Roxio you got to put your video into windows movie editor in order to cut it up into pieces so you edit in roxio. going through two editors just to make a video is lame.

it there is an easier way roxio will have to come off vacation and get to wwork making some more tutorials for us out here who do not sit around all day day doing nothing.

Roxio pro is like buying a really nice house and then opon opening the door finding nothing inside it.

what about putting out videos that attually take you from start to finish. i guess that is a little to difficult since the software itself doesn't seem to allow it.

17 answers to this question

Rant...

If you actually looked a little you would see how to pass your "complaints" to Roxio using your software...

If you actually have a question, please post it :lol:

After much research i bought Roxio because they had all that i was looking for in video creation. But soon after buying it i discovered nothing worked and the lame 14 pdf's that came wiith it, say nothing on how to troubleshoot the problems. they are about working with green screens and other more technical data. All i want is how to open and edit a movie in creator 2012. with all the people who work at corela nd roxio not one of them could make this happen.

The lame art is roxio downloads with DivX veiwer which goes into your computer and takes over. well after many questions i found found roxio does not support DivX. Wow, there some serious intellegence for you. selll a program that doesn't work with thier product.

then it comes to converting before you edit. Roxio doesn't reckonise Realplayer videos either so you got to buy another program to convert the vidos to what works on roxio in order to do what you wish. And does any of the 14 lame pdfs tell what to convert them too inorder to edit them?

then in orer to do any editing in Roxio you got to put your video into windows movie editor in order to cut it up into pieces so you edit in roxio. going through two editors just to make a video is lame.

it there is an easier way roxio will have to come off vacation and get to wwork making some more tutorials for us out here who do not sit around all day day doing nothing.

Roxio pro is like buying a really nice house and then opon opening the door finding nothing inside it.

what about putting out videos that attually take you from start to finish. i guess that is a little to difficult since the software itself doesn't seem to allow it.

Now that you have had you little rant why don't you tell us exactly where you are having a problem. For me C2012 works very well.

You mean there are still people using Realplayer videos?

Edited by myguggi

Well i did go to them and ask them for more information last year when i bought it. They emailed me back and siad to come here and i will find what i am looking for. not really! THis place is full of information but i haven't got time to sit and figure out which peice belongs to what. i work 16 hours a day and making a video is something to do for fun. If Roxio had their stuff together they would have a clear percise plan from A to Z. Roxio has been in businesss for a long time, they already know what people will be asking about. I am a business person too and i already know the questins and concerns my clients will have before i get there with a new product. I deal with them directly and not send them away to somewheres else looking for answers. It just proper business!

I paid for the product. it is not Audacity which is free. I expect to go looking for intel for freeware. besides Audacity is very useable and videos and writtings on it are from A to Z and its all by users because it is freeware. I expect a clear manual when i buy something. Again it just proper business. So if they just want to send paying customers away they should expect ranting of their crap service. I know this stuff gets on the net so when someone else is going to buy any Roxio product they are going to see what i write and take heed.

If you really want to answer a question then answer this why does Roxio pro come with Dvix video player but is not compatable with it?

Point being i installed Roxio creator pro , DviX came with the software and was installed into my computer and took over all my videos. but when you go to edit video roxio doesn't reckonise any Dvix videos so nothing shows up on your editor. What was the point of Roxio selling me crapware ( because Dvix is really crap ware) if it does not work with the software?

Ps; I use Realplayer because since 1998 I have never had a single issue with them. They had a problem and they fixed it. No questions asked and when ever i had a question they anwered it personally without sending me away. Thats called service. Its what made america great back in the day.

Unfortunately, audio and video are quite different. And an "A to Z" manual for one person doing video isn't necessarily going to answer someone else's "A to Z" question. Sources are different, targets (physical and audience) are different, it really is a different environment.

If you'd like to post some specific questions, there are folks here who would try to help you out. Looking at your original post, there is no reason to go to Windows Movie editor to trim/cut videos. Videowave handles that job quite nicely.

So, give the good folks here a chance to help you out, let us know what you'd like help with. The more specifics you provide the better.

DivX is integrated into the Video Copy and Convert part of the program. It allows you to convert video files so a lot of them can fit on a DVD.

Did you follow this Work Flow Process (generally)??

You are and have been so angry that I doubt that anything we say will be beneficial to you.

Edited by sknis

And an "A to Z" manual for one person doing video isn't necessarily going to answer someone else's "A to Z" question

HMMM I don't get that because if some one bought 2012 to edit a video then i should be the same. load a video, edit, pan in and out , add audio, change timeline they are all the same no matter what as long as we are using 2012. but if you go to add video to editor and it shows notthing of all your videos you have in your computer, because oddly enough the video program that your editor came with, changed everything to Dvix but doesn't read Dvix. so your left high and dry. then the company says so what thats your problem go figure it out somewhere else, oh by the way thanks for your money. thats a serious attitude.

The worthless convertor the comes with 2012 doesn't convert Dvix videos either. So what is one to do? go and buy another program that will convert Dvix? And convert to what? roxio doesn't read Dvix or realplayer so what does it read? nor does it reconize honestech which is in mpeg-2 format. so what program format will it reconize videos in ? I just want to load to editor. it that to much to ask for? Then we can work on editing. They should have a general manual that deals with this issue from there company. In my company i put out papers all the time when changes have to made sometimes it requires a 20 - 22 hour day for me but my customers never feel left out in the dark.

I also tried my youtube convertor but that didn't work either. i also tried loading into microsoft movie maker but that didn't work elso.

and if you think i am ranting here you should read the letter i sent them!

Just want to know a few things to get started. I paid for it, i should get something like a basic manual. But as i go through all your stuff here i see i am not the only one with this problem. why does it have to be so frigon difficult! If i knew what i was getting into i would just have avoided it all together and gotten adobe. and taken classes. I am a quick learner when put inthe right direction. I build my own house from ground up and own off grid power system and fix my own trucks, i should be able to edit a simple video. but not if it doesn't come with any details just to stat with.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about!

I use Video Copy and Convert to make a DivX file:

post-39730-0-27627600-1377802515_thumb.jpg

I then use the editor, VideoWave, to add that file:

post-39730-0-25099800-1377802518_thumb.jpg

post-39730-0-20515700-1377802521_thumb.jpg

So clearly every claim you have made regarding DivX is FALSE!

We will gladly answer your questions, offer advice and engage is reasonable discussions, if you like.

But these wild unfounded claims and bashing a product will get you banned if you persist!

Your choice -_-

Here is the part of the comparison chart for Creator 2012 which deals with DivX. It says all versions can handle it.

post-208-0-67341300-1377833209_thumb.jpg

Mr.sam, did you break your Roxio DivX by trying to update it with a download from the DivX.com site?

Speaking the truth will set you free i have been told but here it just getsx you banned. WoW!!!!

DivX plays videos upside down and with the most horrible screaming sound i have ever heard in my life. THerei s no fix for that i giess. there site has nothing about it. But yes, digital guru, Brendon, i did update when Divx pop up on my screen and said update available. now it didn't work right so i figured it must be a fix. well it did nothing. but since Roxio comes with nothng to say not to then.... what am i suppose to do?

I don't have to worry about converting my videos to DivX because when I installed the Roxio program it converted all media player videos to DivX.

When i upload any of my videos to my computer DivX automactically makes them Divx videos.

well then my editor must me screwed then. because when i try to open a Divx video in it noting happens. All folders are blank.

You can whine and call me a liar and ban me but it is the truth. if you lived in Newengalnd i would drop this computer in your lap and say have at it.

prove me wrong. I'd even bring the software in the box it came with so you could see that i bought it.

So here's the question: What is one to do to make this system work?

Hello Mr.Sam,

I accept that you're seeing what you say, and I have no wish to suggest that you're either ignorant or telling untruths. Why would you want to?

I asked that question about DivX updates because several versions back I found that an update from DivX.com broke the DivX in my Creator. That was really weird, because Roxio 'acquired' DivX some time ago, and I thought they would have got their heads together over this.

In any event, I think that the DivX update may have broken the DivX in your Roxio installation. I wonder if you would take the time to uninstall both DivX and Creator 2012, clean your system as much as possible with something like CCleaner, and then reinstall Creator 2012 only. I can't guarantee 100% that this will fix the DivX problem, but I think it's your best bet at this point.

Regards,

Brendon

Edited by Brendon
Ooops, said NXT instead of Creator 2012

Speaking the truth will set you free i have been told but here it just getsx you banned. WoW!!!!

DivX plays videos upside down and with the most horrible screaming sound i have ever heard in my life. THerei s no fix for that i giess. there site has nothing about it. But yes, digital guru, Brendon, i did update when Divx pop up on my screen and said update available. now it didn't work right so i figured it must be a fix. well it did nothing. but since Roxio comes with nothng to say not to then.... what am i suppose to do?

I don't have to worry about converting my videos to DivX because when I installed the Roxio program it converted all media player videos to DivX.

When i upload any of my videos to my computer DivX automactically makes them Divx videos.

well then my editor must me screwed then. because when i try to open a Divx video in it noting happens. All folders are blank.

You can whine and call me a liar and ban me but it is the truth. if you lived in Newengalnd i would drop this computer in your lap and say have at it.

prove me wrong. I'd even bring the software in the box it came with so you could see that i bought it.

So here's the question: What is one to do to make this system work?

Could you please explain how "the Roxio program converted all media player videos to DivX" or how "DivX automactically makes them Divx videos"? I have never heard of this happening to anybody. HOw can you tell that happened.

None of my Divx videos play upside down or make any "most horrible screaming sound". I agree with Brendon, most likely some Divx update you did (whether manually or automatically) corrupted the Roxio install of Divx

I agree with Brendon's suggestions!

I think what you call 'taking over' and 'converting':

...I don't have to worry about converting my videos to DivX because when I installed the Roxio program it converted all media player videos to DivX.

When i upload any of my videos to my computer DivX automatically makes them DivX videos...

Is nothing more sinister than normal Windows File Association... This is User Induced and not anything the program does -_-

During install or sometimes the first time you run the DivX program, it will ask if you want all your video associated with the DivX Player... YOU said Yes!

Now it is the default player but absolutely NOTHING has changed your files. That is just a lack of understanding Windows as file association started in Win 95.

In any case, if you follow Brendon's suggestions from Post #11 it will correct This association along the way ;)

Just be careful with what you agree to when it comes up again!

Brendon i was not saying you were callling me liar. it was the earlier post before you. thats what i meant.

ok i will go home and uninstall clean and reinstall. this time i wil custom install not express, so i can get my videos to stay in a playble format.

does any one know of a program that will convert MPEG to wmv? all the ones i see on the net have all kinds of adware on them and my spybot and ESET go crazy when i try to download them. I got lots of anolog film being loaded into my computer.

Brendon i was not saying you were calling me liar. it was the earlier post before you. thats what i meant.

ok i will go home and uninstall clean and reinstall. this time i wil custom install not express, so i can get my videos to stay in a playble format.

does any one know of a program that will convert MPEG to wmv? all the ones i see on the net have all kinds of adware on them and my spybot and ESET go crazy when i try to download them. I got lots of anolog film being loaded into my computer.

You Really Don't understand anything I wrote in Post #13??? :huh:

Your files are Playable NOW in any player that will accept their format As NOTHING has Changed Them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Creator 2012 will convert almost any file you have, into almost any format you want, Without any ads.

Brendon i was not saying you were callling me liar. it was the earlier post before you. thats what i meant.

I have no idea what you are trying to download and from where or what adware you are talking about.

All video your download (no matter from) where is digital

I don't have an answer to your question; I'm not sure what the question is and I don't have an answer to what I think your question might be, but I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments about Creator 2012. I find the product frustrating at best, and chafe when I get a reply to a question that reads something like ". . . it works OK for me . . . ."

I find the product less than cooperative. I'm on this board today because the copy-and-convert feature does not behave as advertized; but before I search further for my solution or post a question, I thought I'd commiserate with you. Creator is a full function product, and I like many of its features; but I find it a resource hog [although that may the nature of working with large video files,] and it does not "cooperate" with me.

Good luck. :D

The OP hasn't been here for almost a YEAR :huh:

But I am sure he would find your support of his uninformed and outright wrong rants comforting...

If you are having issues we are fellow users and would be delighted to work with you. Start a new topic and supply the facts. ;)