DennisJ

9 Of 10 Times Videowave Crashes Importing Music Files

Question

VideoWave crashes on an Intel i7 processor 9 pf 10 times when i bring in a Music file.

The crash occurs EVERY time I move the cursor into the window showing the files to choose.

I have tried bringing in the music with only one picture or 200 pictures. It crashes repeatedly.

I have this problem for last 2 years. It 1 of 10 time does not crash. The Intel i7 Gateway works 100% perfect except for this Roxio VideoWave product.

Is there anything I can do ?

Dennis

11 answers to this question

VideoWave crashes on an Intel i7 processor 9 pf 10 times when i bring in a Music file.

The crash occurs EVERY time I move the cursor into the window showing the files to choose.

I have tried bringing in the music with only one picture or 200 pictures. It crashes repeatedly.

I have this problem for last 2 years. It 1 of 10 time does not crash. The Intel i7 Gateway works 100% perfect except for this Roxio VideoWave product.

Is there anything I can do ?

Dennis

You could post what kind of music files you are trying to add and where they came from.

If VW crashes as soon as you move the cursor into the folder then the program has been corrupted, some other program in your system is interfering or your whole system is damaged.

I would first try a repair of C2012.

OK.

It doesn't matter what Music mp3 file. I can not get to the point of moving the Mouse to the specific Music file I want to add.

Often the first directory that comes up is the wrong one, so i choose a different directory and <<<BAM>>> VideoWave Crashes.

If I try the same procedure again and again with VideoWave, then 1 of 10 times it does not crash and the music file is brought in without crashing the system.

I have other SLIDESHOW creating Software that does not do this problem, but I like VideoWave -- if only getting 1 of 10 times to work.

So I will UNinstall and reinstall all of ROXIO -- what a "pain" software is ! One wastes hundreds of hours on these crash/bugs.

Thanks much for your suggestion.

OK.

It doesn't matter what Music mp3 file. I can not get to the point of moving the Mouse to the specific Music file I want to add.

Often the first directory that comes up is the wrong one, so i choose a different directory and <<<BAM>>> VideoWave Crashes.

If I try the same procedure again and again with VideoWave, then 1 of 10 times it does not crash and the music file is brought in without crashing the system.

I have other SLIDESHOW creating Software that does not do this problem, but I like VideoWave -- if only getting 1 of 10 times to work.

So I will UNinstall and reinstall all of ROXIO -- what a "pain" software is ! One wastes hundreds of hours on these crash/bugs.

Thanks much for your suggestion.

There is no bug in the program but something may have corrupted it. Before a complete uninstall/reinstall you could try the repair.

BTW, I had a similar experience just a few days ago. I installed a new video program for testing. After install, every time I tried to selected "Add photo or video" in Videowave, Videowave would crash. I uninstalled the just installed new program and now Videowave is working correctly again.

Monday Update.

That reinstall of VideoWave with REPAIR turns out to be a bust.

VideWave again crashes 50% of the time when I try to bring in music.

My go around is to first save everything BEFORE trying to add a music track.

Exit VideoWave completely and restart the project.

Then immediately try to bring in the music track......

If it doesn't <<Crash>> then immediately save the project and exit.

then restart the project and work on that project.

Maybe Roxio VideoWave has problems with big files..... my compilations are usually 5.5 GBytes.

My many FaceBook fans say I should try NERO for a more stable platform.... i will research if they offer HD BlueRay ?

Monday Update.

That reinstall of VideoWave with REPAIR turns out to be a bust.

VideWave again crashes 50% of the time when I try to bring in music.

My go around is to first save everything BEFORE trying to add a music track.

Exit VideoWave completely and restart the project.

Then immediately try to bring in the music track......

If it doesn't <<Crash>> then immediately save the project and exit.

then restart the project and work on that project.

Maybe Roxio VideoWave has problems with big files..... my compilations are usually 5.5 GBytes.

My many FaceBook fans say I should try NERO for a more stable platform.... i will research if they offer HD BlueRay ?

Nero has just as many and the same problems. Don't believe everything that your "Facebook fans" claim.

There is not a single video software package that does not have similar problems and crashed.

You have basically given no information on your system which is actually where you problem lies from your description of what is happening.

I've been using videowave for years, Roxio 10 was great went to roxio10 pro and videowave was slow in saving and crashed regular, I now have roxio 2012 pro, goodness what a lot of dosh this program is, videowave takes forever to save, crashes regular and crashes on trying to add a music file, so I I buil a new fast 64bit pc with the the specs, installed roxio2012 windows xp and windows 8 so I can duel boot the systems, Well videowave is just as bad, I have problems saving this can take up to 5 minutes with a production of 250 photos, it takes 6 minutes to load the production and crashes on a regular basis, maximum 5 photo frames or thats it I lose the lot,

I've tried videowave pro 2012 in Xp and windows 8 and still the same, just windows 8 doesnt support many of my drivers, this is rubbish as well.

So now I have decided after years of using Roxio, that its getting too long winded to use videowave, shame but its time to dump it and find something better.

Unless anyone has any ideas how to get it to save work better and stop crashing,

mickevil, Just FYI, the program is a 32 bit program that will run on a 64 bit computer and will act as a 32 bit program. There aren't many true 64 bit programs out there. They do claim they run faster. I see little differences.

Turn off your antivirus as a test to see if that is slowing you down. I would think that would be the most probable cause. After you check this, you can probably set the antivirus to not scan file already on your computer or from other safe sources.. A lot of people have issues with Norton 360 especially the registry cleaner part of it.

Also make sure that you have limited the number of programs and services that start at boot. With a new computer you probably haven't screwed up your hard drive yet but make sure that you continue to do maintenance on it frequently.

Are you saving all your images/videos/music to your system drive, to an internal hard drive or a USB connected hard drive.

You have posted enough to know that thread jacking is not a good idea. I haven't look at your other posts to see if you have discussed this problem; if not, please start a new thread.

Hi and thanks for your reply, I have my anti virus urned off! I have tried saving to an external usb drive and internal drive, I dont use Norton,yuck, I built this PC especially to edit and make films and videos along with web designing. Like you mention its a new build and not currupted, I start windows in the least amount of programs as possible, but this Pro 12 isnt happy, video wave production I am in at present is 18 minutes long, crashes after 5 frames regular when editing, takes just on 4 minutes to save, and the thumbnails are impossible to see they are all blurry, creator 10 pro is better although none are very good,

I have nothing left to turn off, even the internet is turned off at the mains and still no difference, so I recon after sitting here watching paint dry each time I do anything in Videowave, its time to get a different program, pity because I liked Roxio, and have been a long term customer, but I cant take no more of this slow ancient program,

If you have any ideas I would be grateful as a last resort before I uninstal and burn Roxio

regards

What are the specs for that PC you built (click show by the spoiler in my signature)?

Have you ran a repair on the installation?

I am running Roxio pro 12 on windows XP PRO SP3

I have windows 8 installed as a duel boot system but the same problem exhists videowave is so sow, like watching paint dry

Gigabyte motherboard with AMD FX six core processor 4.22GHZ

16GB Ram XP only sees 3.5GB as you know, windows 8 sees all

AMD RADEON HD7700 Graphics card

Hitachi 1TB hard drive

Samsung 500MB USB storage drive

I have tried saving to both but no difference, Roxio 10 pro was faster than this 12 pro

I'm not impressed.

my PC is not corrupted as its only 3 weeks old now and all software has recently been installed,

Have tried updating roxio but it says no updates available,

Well thats it, I'm doing a video wave show at present it has 38 frames and takes 3 minutes to save, my other one has 250 frames and takes 3 minutes to save and longer to load, from either location,

the thumbnail pictures are all fuzzy as well you cant see them ok when first added but after restarting its impossible to make out what they are,. program grashes if I work on more than 5 or six frames.

regards

Forgot to mention the PC is 64bit am running XP PRO in 32 bit and if I boot to Windows 8 its in 64bit