Dvd Video Output

TECH198

Question

Hi all..

When making a Video Disc to play on a big screen (32") I add the .mp4 to the project, but after the DVD is burned, i play it on my DVR, only to find out the video is *not* full screen, its more like wide-screen, only its not in the centre...

There's more black at the bottom, than there is the top.

The .mp4 is perfactly wide-screen on VLC, or Apple TV, just not when viewed from disc.

I've tried agisting Aspect Ratio settings under Toast by canging to "Custom" Encoding, and under "Aspect Rato" chose 16:9, but this doesn't help.

Resolutyion of the .mp4 is 1280x720. Codec MPED-4 Video (XVID)

8 answers to this question

Hi all..

When making a Video Disc to play on a big screen (32") I add the .mp4 to the project, but after the DVD is burned, i play it on my DVR, only to find out the video is *not* full screen, its more like wide-screen, only its not in the centre...

The .mp4 is perfactly wide-screen on VLC, or Apple TV, just not when viewed from disc.

I've tried agisting Aspect Ratio settings under Toast by canging to "Custom" Encoding, and under "Aspect Rato" chose 16:9, but this doesn't help.

Did you try to adjust the settings on your big TV?

yes.. didn't help...

are you suggesting its an issue with displaying, as all other movies i burned, display in their correct ratio.

On a hunch, i figue it has to be the .mp, so i;m currently trying using Toast to convert the mp4 to mov format, then re-try with the burning the mov to disc to see it anything would change.

Edited by TECH198

Hi all..

If it's not too much of a secret, could you post what program you are using? Your thread can then be moved to the correct forum. This forum is for non-Roxio burning, etc topics.

Toast shouldn't have any issue encoding a 1280x720 video to an anamorphic 16:9 video DVD. I have no explanation why it didn't do so in this case. Toast can have issues with non-standard resolutions but not with that one. Sorry, but I'm baffled. The only workaround I can suggest is to first convert the video using Toast to 16:9 DV before using that conversion to make your DVD.

Never met this before. Very wired. But you can try a Roxio alternative freeware: Freemake Video Converter. I've used it and it worked very well for me. This program allow you to remove black bars from a video and you can also burn DVD on it. Very convenient. If your problem remains unsolved, why not give this freeware a try? You can find the download place here.

Edited by lizlee