No Video Signal Again!

Reeba86

Question

Sorry, but I'm back again. After replacing the disk drive, I was able to use the VHS to DVD3 plus program to copy about 5 more VHS tapes to DVDs, after which I lost the video signal. I've been through all of the forums looking for similarities to this problem, tried all the possible fixes, "repaired" the program 4-5 times, and have deleted and reinstalled the program yet again (this is probably the 9th-10th time of reinstallation!). . . . I am recording using a dual DVD/VHS recorder from Toshiba . . .model #SD-V295. I've checked all the connections, drivers are appropriately installed on my hard drive per previous posts, etc., etc. but still, no video signal. However, when I switch over to the DVD side of the machine, I DO get a signal. Unfortunately, I don't need to convert any DVDs! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

16 answers to this question

The s-Video cable is 6 ft long. The other is about 3 ft. long. The USB port is located on the front of the PC (a desk top model). And videos I've recorded from before do not work now.

Try a different USB Port.

S-Video and component for audio? Did you use the same connections before?

Have you rebooted the PC lately?

Try a different USB Port.

S-Video and component for audio? Did you use the same connections before?

Have you rebooted the PC lately?

I've tried all the USB ports. I have all the necessary cables (s- and audio), and they are the same connections as before. I've rebooted my pc each time I've reinstalled or repaired the system, and a couple of times in between! . . . All to no avail.

What else can you suggest!

The S-video and Component outputs are ONLY used for DVD's.

I am connected to the DVD/VCR output. The other is DVD only. I'm not recording from a DVD. These same connections have worked more than 25 times... just with many interruptions in connections to video signal, drives, etc.

Something is not right here.

I am fully aware that you are trying to copy VHS tapes, not DVD.

I did a search on your user manual and it shows the S-video output jack is for DVD's.

post-68-0-34542500-1377473015_thumb.png

\

Is this your model# SD-V 295KU (just in case I looked at the wrong one).

Does it work when you connect directly to TV.

Most DVD/VCR's I have encountered only use the Composite cables (Y/R/W) for VHS.Something is strange here.

Edited by ogdens

"I am fully aware that you are trying to copy VHS tapes, not DVD."

I didn't type that trying to be rude. . . I was letting you know that I'd checked to make sure I was using the correct outputs.

That is my model #, minus the "KU." The DVD/VCR works when plugged directly into the TV. This particular model is from my classroom, and when I tried to connect it to the computer there (at school), the s-cable could not plug into the computer.

So are you saying that I should only be using the composite cables? (I tried that initially, and there was no video,then w/only the s-cable . . . Once both were connected, everything worked for awhile, then off and on.)

The other output jacks, for DVD, indicate "componement digital/audio/coaxial" . . .

"I am fully aware that you are trying to copy VHS tapes, not DVD."

I

So are you saying that I should only be using the composite cables? (I tried that initially, and there was no video,then w/only the s-cable . . . Once both were connected, everything worked for awhile, then off and on.)

If you still have the s-cable plugged in, don't plug in the yellow cable from the composite set. The red and white are for the audio. The yellow is for video, and you don't use the yellow cable, if you are using the s-cable.

It works when plugged directly into the TV..... so please tell us what specific cables you have connected on both the TV & VCR ?.

Also, in post 9 you said...... "This particular model is from my classroom, and when I tried to connect it to the computer there (at school), the s-cable could not plug into the computer". Could you expand on how you were going to connect directly into the computer.

\

"the s-cable could not plug into the computer". -- My mistake. The s-cable could not plug into the TV... it was that old!

This is the message I got when I tried to upload a pic here. . .

"IMG_0392[1]

You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file"

I have not figured out how to upload pics from my phone to the computer. . . It drives my own kids crazy, but that's one that's beyond me.

I am, however, still connected in all the ways I've said before...DVD/VCR Output using composite cables, and the s-cable from the VCR to the converter matching colors at the connections. I don't know what else to do . . .

The manual for your combo clearly states that the S-Video is only used when playing DVD's.

Have you tried connecting a Composite cable Yellow(Video) / Red&White (audio) from the VCR.

1st connect it to your TV and verify you have a good signal, then using the same cord plug into the Roxio unit.

Sorry, but I did not get the manual for the vcr/dvd recorder (it's a school issue item. . .). I've tried running the roxio converter w/just the composite cables, and again with both the composite and s-cables together. I've gotten it to work about 30 times using both the composite and s-cables together, but the program keeps losing the video signal every few times. However, this time, I have not been able to recover any video signal since Aug. 25. In the past, I have "repaired" the program or reinstalled it to get it to work after it loses a signal, but this time, nothing is working.

Edited by Reeba86