Jexee55

Digitize Lp's

Question

Hi,

Recently we were having trouble with one of our PC's running way to slow so my wife uninstalled Windows 7 64 bit and all the programs that we had. She re-installed it 32 bit assuming it would run faster and re-installed the Roxio Creator 2011 Pro. In the past I had no trouble digitizing my LP's to the mp3 format, but now I get no sound from my PC speakers when I try to digitize an LP. No cables were disconnected and all the connections are the same as it was before she uninstalled Windows and all the other programs but I can't get any sound from the speakers when trying to digitize an LP and the record level meters don't move at all. I do get sound from everything else so I know it's not the speakers.

I think I know why but I don't know how to fix it.

When I go to the " Capture From:" drop down list, the only thing that is in there is " Speakers (Realtec High Definition Audio" )

I really don't remember but I think the name of my sound card used to be in that list and it isn't anymore. It would make sense that it would be on that drop down list.

I have an RCA to 3.5mm stereo mini (y cable) coming from "line out" jacks of my audio/video receiver and then it goes into the "line in/mic in" jack on the sound card. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, John

10 answers to this question

We originally had Windows XP, then she installed Windows 7 about a year later. She knows that she has to install the sound card software but she doesn't know how to look for it in the Windows XP disc which came with the pc. Thanks for your help. John

• Like 1

You'll want to look for drivers from the sound card manufacturer on their web-site. But check in device manager first to see if the sound card shows up. If it's there, with no yellow exclamation points in front of it, then it should be working. If it's not there at all, then I would ask if you loaded the drivers for the motherboard too? If not, then Windows may not be accessing the PCI bus properly to identify the sound card.

Do you get any sound at all from the sound card at this point? If normal Windows sounds work, then you may just have to open the mixer, locate the "Recording" options, and make sure the Line In isn't muted and has the volume turned up.

I am the wife. I have been working on this problem and it still isn't resolved. I have identified the problem but can't fix it. The driver software for "Multimedia Audio Controller" is missing. I have gone on the Microsoft website and see that others have had the same problem as I am having when they loaded window 7 32 bit.. However the drivers are not available on MS site. I've gone on several other sites to get the drivers but they all require me to sign up for their program before they will give me access to the file. I went on the Dell website, since the computer is Dell, and the link for the drivers brings me to a page that says, "This page is not currently available, try again later". I keep trying but the message is still coming up. I tried putting the Dell computer disc in my dvd drive and searching for it there, but to no avail. Same thing with the Windows 7 disc, nothing. I'll be happy to let you all know when I finally find a way to get the drivers. Thank you for your help.

John, [or good Lady Wife]

Can you tell me the exact name of the driver file(s) you are after? I might be able to get them for you. I have a 'sacrificial' computer where I accept any downloads, toolbars, or other trash required before they give you your file, and then I restore the computer from an image so I get the required file but don't get landed with the garbage.

Regards,

Brendon

Multimedia Audio Controller is just a generic name that Windows assigns to a sound device with missing drivers.

What you need to know is what make the actual sound device is.

Once you know that you should be able to go to the manufacturers website and get the drivers.

In W-7, Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Performance Information and Tools\Advanced Tools

post-97-0-31762700-1377779873_thumb.jpg

post-97-0-98077300-1377779871_thumb.jpg

cd,do you know if it identifies if the correct drivers aren't loaded and it doesn't show up correctly in Device Manager?