Audio Looping "loop Soundtrack If Too Short" Greyed Out

pspence

Question

I am using Roxio Slideshow Assitant (part of Roxio Creator NXT) to make a slideshow with audio tracks added. When I go to the "background audio" screen and add the 4 tracks I want to add, there is a check box for "Loop soundtrack if too short" but it is greyed out. Any idea why? I would like the soundtrack to loop and have not been able to find an answer by searching the forum. TIA. Phil.

2 answers to this question

I certainly hate to answer my own question but here goes:

You cannot set the audio to loop if you have added multiple tracks.

Here is the work-around:

If you have multiple tracks but your slideshow is longer than the music and you want it to loop, open Sound Editor and import all of the tracks that you want to add to the slideshow. In the 'mix editor' pane, ctrl-click each of the tracks and then hit the 'Join Clips' button. Then export the joined file to your favorite audio format (ipod for me) and then add this combined track to your slideshow. Since it is now a single track, you will be able to set it to loop.

I certainly hate to answer my own question but here goes:

You cannot set the audio to loop if you have added multiple tracks.

Here is the work-around:

If you have multiple tracks but your slideshow is longer than the music and you want it to loop, open Sound Editor and import all of the tracks that you want to add to the slideshow. In the 'mix editor' pane, ctrl-click each of the tracks and then hit the 'Join Clips' button. Then export the joined file to your favorite audio format (ipod for me) and then add this combined track to your slideshow. Since it is now a single track, you will be able to set it to loop.

Or you could use VideoWave. Slideshow Assistant has always been a DO NOT USE for most experienced users of the Roxio software suites.