Sign in to follow this  
FlyingZee

Hddvd Problem

Question

so I recently bought a Contour Roam camera. decided I wanted to try and make a high definition DVD before buying a blueray drive. roxio's website claims it works with a standard DVD drive for burning but will require a blueray player to play. so I bough the plugin, installation was fine but it won't let me select the high def DVD option. it stays on DVD or whichever option was last selected rather than directing me to the website to purchase the plugin. can someone please tell me what I'm missing here?

4 answers to this question

I really don't get this.. I had it all typed out. posted it, came back to look at it and all the content was GONE. I'm really starting to hate Roxio. so here it is. I bought a Contour Roam camera and wanted to put some of the video on a DVD. figured I'd try the HDDVD plug in that goes to Toast 11. bought it, installed it... every time you click on the High Def DVD button it won't select. it stays where it was at last rather than directing to the "purchase" page. tried contacting Roxio but the support page ends up being a MASSIVE runaround routine. can anyone explain what's gone wrong?

I'm not sure why you're having this issue. When you launch Toast I presume you're seeing what Toast describes as its "Assistant" window. There you clicked "Video" and then selected High-Definition DVD Video. Did you then click the Finish button at the lower right? This should get you to the Toast Project window where you add the video and prepare the menu.

Did you click the "Tutorials" button at the top left of the Assistant window? There is a video tutorial on "Creating Video Discs."

I hope you're aware that the High-Definition DVD Video requires a Blu-ray player for play back. It is for shorter HD videos that can fit on regular DVD media; but it still requires a Blu-ray player in order to be played. Some people get confused by Roxio's name for this.

yeah. starting with the assistant (video tab, hddvd button, finish) gets me to the DVD screen... NOT the HDDVD screen. trying to use any of the drop downs to reach the hddvd screen has no response. like I said it just stays on DVD. I am aware that it requires a blueray player (I've got 2 PS3s in the house) I'd just like to see some video I recorded in true HD on my TV. they are short videos so if a half hour was available that would do just fine for now. I really wish Roxio had better support options. its almost maddening trying to get ahold of them.

yeah. starting with the assistant (video tab, hddvd button, finish) gets me to the DVD screen... NOT the HDDVD screen. trying to use any of the drop downs to reach the hddvd screen has no response. like I said it just stays on DVD. I am aware that it requires a blueray player (I've got 2 PS3s in the house) I'd just like to see some video I recorded in true HD on my TV. they are short videos so if a half hour was available that would do just fine for now. I really wish Roxio had better support options. its almost maddening trying to get ahold of them.

If you are running OS 10.7 or 10.8 hold down the Option key in the Finder and select the Go menu and then select Library. Open the Preferences file. There are two Toast files in that folder. Trash them and relaunch Toast. You'll go through the set-up assistant again but the registration info is remembered. Maybe the problem is due to corrupted preference files (which happens with Toast now and then). The only other thing I can think of is to run the Blu-ray plugin installer again. I don't know why you can't select those formats. I, too, wish support from Roxio was better.