• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Trying To Reinstall Easy Media 7.5

Mary Jane

Question

The hard drive went down on my computer so we bought a new hard drive and then started reinstalling old programs that were on the old hard drive. We put in CD of Easy Media 7.5 first and also second disk but nothing pops up. Went into explorer and it shows it is there but it doesn't seem to react to it. Husband is busy and can't help me now so I'm trying to work on solution. He thinks maybe we may have to buy a newer version instead of 7.5. Does anybody have a comment to make about our situation?? I use this program to make labels for my DVD Photo Shows and also install MP3 music to use in my Photo shows. I really miss not having this program installed into my computer. Do you think something is blocking the installation of Easy Media Program??

6 answers to this question

The hard drive went down on my computer so we bought a new hard drive and then started reinstalling old programs that were on the old hard drive. We put in CD of Easy Media 7.5 first and also second disk but nothing pops up. Went into explorer and it shows it is there but it doesn't seem to react to it. Husband is busy and can't help me now so I'm trying to work on solution. He thinks maybe we may have to buy a newer version instead of 7.5. Does anybody have a comment to make about our situation?? I use this program to make labels for my DVD Photo Shows and also install MP3 music to use in my Photo shows. I really miss not having this program installed into my computer. Do you think something is blocking the installation of Easy Media Program??

What operating system (OS) are you running. XP is the last OS that EMC 7.5 will work with.

There is no newer version of EMC 7.5. The last update for the software was in late 2005.

Did you install a newer version of Windows? If so, what version, and also if so, then yes, you'll likely need a newer version of Creator. But if you're still running Windows XP, then you should be able to install 7.5.

It's possible you have auto-play/auto-start disabled. In which case, locate the disc in Windows Explorer, find the "Setup.exe" and double click that to start the installation.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for your fast reply. I think I still have XP because he told me I couldn't get more memory because we would have had to upgrade system. Husband gone now so when he comes back I will give him this information and let you know what happens - if we can down load program back on my computer. Thanks again for fast reply!!!!!

Thanks for your fast reply. I think I still have XP because he told me I couldn't get more memory because we would have had to upgrade system. Husband gone now so when he comes back I will give him this information and let you know what happens - if we can down load program back on my computer. Thanks again for fast reply!!!!!

It is easy to find out in different ways. If you reboot your computer, you will see the Windows XP logo. Or, you can go to System, and see what OS is listed there.

You can't DOWNLOAD the program again, but you may be able to INSTALL it on your computer, depending on what OS you have.

• Like 1

So is there a way of loading EMC 7 (I know it is an old old version) on Win 8 using some form of compatibility setting ??

Not that I know of. :(

The Windows 'compatibility settings' just compensate for a few of the superficial differences between versions of Windows and allow simple older programs to run under newer Windows.

The Roxio suites are quite complex and use deep-rooted Windows routines, so in general the compatibility settings in newer Windows are no help at all.

Regards,

Brendon