General Roxio Help

clo312

Question

This is my first time using any forums at all not sure how all this works? I just have a few simple question I am hoping someone can help me answer. As I am tring to consolidate software on my computer I was wanting to know if Roxio could open rar files or if still needed winrar? Also when I download NXT I did not get a content disc nor do I see one any body help point me in the right direction to obtain that disc. Does anybody know what file formats windvd also part of roxio will reconize as it would not play some of the movies on my computer and my gome player does, but again would love to consolidate some of the softwareon my system

18 answers to this question

Creator NXT won't open .rar files.

My Roxio NXT had two downloads a 'content' and a disc '2'. Program and content was on the content download. Disc '2' were extra programs.

WinDVD only plays non encrypted media content no commercial DVD movies/disc's.

Ok that is good to know about the rar files, still have know idea why i did not get a content disk do you know where i can get one as I can not find it anywhere and what are those links for? Maybe i am dumber then i thought but as i mentioned never been in a forum at all so need to be talked to like a beginner. also the movies I am trying to play i bekieve are mp4 they r on my hard drive and my gome lplayer olays them but would like to consolidate software if possible, please point me in the right direction I dont see anlything about disk 2 in your list. thanks clo312

Do you know where I can get the content disk at I do not know where to get it? Thanks for answering my question about mounting an image file using roxio. what about the video issue "Ok that is good to know about the rar files, still have know idea why i did not get a content disk do you know where i can get one as I can not find it anywhere and what are those links for? Maybe i am dumber then i thought but as i mentioned never been in a forum at all so need to be talked to like a beginner. also the movies I am trying to play i bekieve are mp4 they r on my hard drive and my gome lplayer olays them but would like to consolidate software if possible, please point me in the right direction I dont see anlything about disk 2 in your list. thanks clo312"

Do you know where I can get the content disk at I do not know where to get it? Thanks for answering my question about mounting an image file using roxio. what about the video issue "Ok that is good to know about the rar files, still have know idea why i did not get a content disk do you know where i can get one as I can not find it anywhere and what are those links for? Maybe i am dumber then i thought but as i mentioned never been in a forum at all so need to be talked to like a beginner. also the movies I am trying to play i bekieve are mp4 they r on my hard drive and my gome lplayer olays them but would like to consolidate software if possible, please point me in the right direction I dont see anlything about disk 2 in your list. thanks clo312"

From where are you downloading the Roxio NXT files? As far as I know that all downloadable files are self-extracting and have the "exe" extension.

the last post i was asking if you knew where i could get the contents disk or if i could use the contents disk from a previous version of roxio

Why not first answer my question prom post #7? Where did you get your downloads?

You can of course not use "contents" files from previous versions.

Roxio NXt Pro consists of 4 files to download.

Edited by myguggi

NO!

NXT is One dowload.

NXT POR is 2.

The Content is included in the NXT file.

That may be true for for Roxio NXT.

But I just downloaded Roxio NXT Pro and was given 4 files to download;

RoxioCreatorNXTPRO_LC36AXD0R14.exe

RoxioCreatorNXTPROContent_LD04AXD0PRO.exe

RoxioCreatorNXTPRODisc2_LE09AXD1FUL.exe

PSPX4_PF.exe

That may be true for for Roxio NXT.

But I just downloaded Roxio NXT Pro and was given 4 files to download;

RoxioCreatorNXTPRO_LC36AXD0R14.exe

RoxioCreatorNXTPROContent_LD04AXD0PRO.exe

RoxioCreatorNXTPRODisc2_LE09AXD1FUL.exe

PSPX4_PF.exe

Mine are the same as myguggi for NXT Pro.

post-97-0-85901000-1377732426_thumb.jpg

post-97-0-33779700-1377732426_thumb.jpg