• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video Dvd Disc Spanning Using Creator Or Mydvd

Jeff Video

Question

19 answers to this question

No!

There is nothing 'built in' that performs disc spanning...

It is not hard to do but would you be able to use an 8.5 GB, DVD DL disc which holds just about 2:00 hours on one disc???

If not, it is actally pretty easy to do!

Decide if you want a Menu start up on both discs. I like to make the 2nd disc a No Menu so it starts by the time I get back to my seat :lol:

If not, give us an idea of your Project, menus, buttons, chapters, lengths ect. and we can give you some suggestions.

A few screen caps would likely help, posting info - HERE

Thank you for the reply. I really don't need a menu item at all, and if so, only on the first disc. It is simply a home movie of a vacation to Paris. Do most newer DVD players play the Doubled Sided DVD's? If so, then that should work fine for me. If not, please let me know the instructions to span the movie. Thanks for your assistance!

iPhone!

Then you will likely want to take advantage of NXT's Stabilizer Effect :)

You will probably find if you put them all into VideoWave, do your edits then have an idea what you will end up with...

ALL DVD Players can play DL as all commercial dics have always been DL.

But some may have trouble with Burned Media. Won't know until you try.

Few Authoring programs offer splitting. Oddly the have in one newer program so we hope to see it in the next version.

Sorry for all of the addendums... The movie was shot on a iPhone. It is 2 hours and 6 mins long. I would like to keep as good of quality as I can.

Evenif you burn to a DL DVD, the video will not fit at Best quality (HQ) without some compression. Perhaps some editing will be required to reduce the length below 2 hours.

Never mind. I tried a 2nd time and it burned perfectly! I selected "fit to disc" and it used just below the highest quality burn. Thank you for all of your assistance!

Fit-to-disc is just about the worst quality option to choose. Though perhaps you are lucky and you will not notice much the quality loss.

Well, I thought I had it again. I saved the file as an .ISO image to my hard drive and then burned the DVD DL from there. It appeared to work until the DVD kept freezing at the 1:07 min mark in the Blue Ray DVD player. The menu on the Blue Ray showed that the full 2:06 min of DVD was on the disc. I replayed it 3 times and it always froze at the same exact point. Any thoughts? The MPEG4 file plays fine on my computer.

Well, I thought I had it again. I saved the file as an .ISO image to my hard drive and then burned the DVD DL from there. It appeared to work until the DVD kept freezing at the 1:07 min mark in the Blue Ray DVD player. The menu on the Blue Ray showed that the full 2:06 min of DVD was on the disc. I replayed it 3 times and it always froze at the same exact point. Any thoughts? The MPEG4 file plays fine on my computer.

What Brand of DVD?

It is freezing about the point where it needs to shift to the 2nd Layer... Cheap Media = More Trouble ;)

Also try playing it in another Player as well as Playing it on your PC with the driver that burned it.

The media is Memorex DVD+R DL 8.5GB/Go 8X 240 Min. Any suggestions as to another media? I'm getting desperate at this point. I've spent about 3 weeks off and on trying to get this to work. Yes...it did play fine in my computer. So maybe the Samsung Blue Ray is not capable of playing it??? It was only a $90.00 player.

Thank you for all of the assistance from everyone. After 3+ weeks of trying various programs and downloads, It finally was successful by burning the .iso file to a Verbatim DL DVD. It appears that the Memorex DVD's were indeed part of the problem. The Verbatim plays all the way through on my Blue Ray without freezing. Thanks again!