• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Cletus

Ok To Install On Two Computers?

Question

I just bought NXT Pro. I'd like to convert video and do light image editing from my laptop, but I use my more formidable desktop for the heavy lifting. Most applications are fine with this arrangement - will I run afoul of Roxio's licensing if I do?

16 answers to this question

Yes as the EULA states 1 License = 1 PC...

Of course if you could un-install the laptop and install it on your PC and since you are already registered, how would they ever know -_-

Well isn't that just an unacceptable situation.

It's fairly standard in the industry.

Depends on who you're dealing with. Several vendors have a single user policy - my compiler for one, my Windows explorer replacement for another. As long as only one person uses the software at any given time, they don't care on how many machines you install it.

I've never heard of Roxio going after a customer for using the software on both his computers, unless the customer is drawing attention to what he's doing.

I've never heard of Roxio going after a customer for using the software on both his computers, unless the customer is drawing attention to what he's doing.

:)

I have a similar, but somewhat different situation. I have purchased a new PC and want to transfer my copy of Creator NXT to the new computer. I would uninstall the program from the old computer and reinstall on the new one with the same Serial Number. I have tried to go through proper channels and submitted the question to Roxio Customer Support, but have not received an answer. If I try to submit the question to Roxio Technical Support, they want to charge me $25. So much for trying to do the right thing!

Has anyone else uninstalled and reinstalled NXT on a different computer?

Jerry

I have a similar, but somewhat different situation. I have purchased a new PC and want to transfer my copy of Creator NXT to the new computer. I would uninstall the program from the old computer and reinstall on the new one with the same Serial Number. I have tried to go through proper channels and submitted the question to Roxio Customer Support, but have not received an answer. If I try to submit the question to Roxio Technical Support, they want to charge me $25. So much for trying to do the right thing!

Jerry

Of course you can. The question should not even come up.

Thanks! I also perused other Roxio forum topics and discovered that you are allowed 10 installs. You can examine the ROXIO_SETUP.LOG file to see how many times the product has been registered with Roxio.

Jerry

I would install it on the different computer, and see if all is okay, before uninstalling it from the current computer.

Edited by grandpabruce

Thanks! I also perused other Roxio forum topics and discovered that you are allowed 10 installs. You can examine the ROXIO_SETUP.LOG file to see how many times the product has been registered with Roxio.

Back it up there a little...

WHERE did you read that?

Please post a Link.

Too often users "read" what they want to see and miss the full context ;)

Back it up there a little...

WHERE did you read that?

Please post a Link.

Too often users "read" what they want to see and miss the full context ;)

Sorry for not quoting the reference I observed...please see:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/86957-cant-install-creator-nxt-on-new-pc/

The Roxio Log file shows 10 installs in that case.

Jerry

Sorry for not quoting the reference I observed...please see:

http://forums.suppor...-nxt-on-new-pc/

The Roxio Log file shows 10 installs in that case.

Jerry

Yes. You are allowed 10 installs, and then it will not install again, unless Roxio/Corel resets it. It does not mean that you can throw the EULA out the window. The 10 times is there in case you have had troubles on your computer, and you find it necessary to install it again. Or, if your computer goes belly up, and you need to install it to a new computer.

Since you have used it 10 times already, contact Roxio and ask if they will reset the number so you can install it again.

Edited by grandpabruce