Dell Xps 8700 Can't Get Audio Capture To Work

jlsohio

Question

7 answers to this question

I've been using various Roxio versions of Creator software over the years. I had a SB Audigy sound card. I used the function "record what you hear" all the time. OK fast forward to today. I purchased Roxio Creator NXT 2013. I also purchased a new Dell XPS 8700 desktop PC. It's running Windows 8. This PC has a onboard sound card. I have a subwoofer and 6 speakers hooked up to it. It sounds great. I went to use audio capture function in Creator. In the past, there was a selection "record what you hear". That selection is not there. The only selection is: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) The recording level is not working at all. When I open the program (audio capture) this message comes up: Could not open sound device! (Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)) Then the following comes up: Roxio Easy Audio Capture has stopped working.

I had a SB Audigy sound card. I used the function "record what you hear" all the time. OK fast forward to today. I purchased Roxio Creator NXT 2013. I also purchased a new Dell XPS 8700 desktop PC. It's running Windows 8. This PC has a onboard sound card. I went to use audio capture function in Creator. In the past, there was a selection "record what you hear". That selection is not there. The only selection is: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) The recording level is not working at all. When I open the program (audio capture) this message comes up: Could not open sound device! (Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)) Then the following comes up: Roxio Easy Audio Capture has stopped working.

"What U Hear" is what you will see, IF you have Sound Blaster audio card. You don't. You have an onboard audio card; therefore, you won't see "What U Hear" as an option.

Because?

Because? I don't understand you not understanding my response. "What U Hear" is a setting that Creative has for their Sound Blaster audio cards. You had a Creative SB card before, and had that setting. You now have an onboard Realtek HD audio CHIP and don't have that setting. Realtek is not a Creative.

Hopefully, someone will drop in here and tell you what setting you should be using. Good luck.

I'm gonna say it should work I have the Realtek chipset and mine works on W8.

Go to the little speaker on your taksbar that is for Sound.

When you point at it it will show your current playback device.

Right click it.Go to the Recording devices tab and make sure that Stereo Mix is chosen and is the default.

Do not choose Speakers.That's a playback device and won't work.

post-85-0-91283100-1378128512_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-70745700-1378128520_thumb.jpg